Chapter 9: Kyle

I go to the mini library on the back of the house. I need to be alone. Johnny told me they took Kyle to the hospital. He is going to be out today. He only has a broken rip and bruises, nothing serious.

I sit down on the floor and put my head against the book shelf. It was my fault that Kyle got injured. Ian will never talk to me again.

"You know what people say about love?" Richard is standing next to me. "They say love is nothing more than an obsession with a person. Love is a very tender and caring obsession."

"You know what happened?" I ask.

"Of course, I am the one who pays for the medical bills. Jennifer told me what she heard and saw."

"It was just a misunderstanding," I whisper.

"Why not talk about it Alexandra, get up."

He offers me his hand and I stand up. He notices that my cheekbone is swollen. Ian left me with despair and a bruise. It is small but still noticeable.

"Ian hit you," Richard says. He caresses my cheek very softly. It feels like he really cares. "I can't believe he would actually hit you."

I move away and walk to the wooden table. "Well, he did and I don't think I want to try with him anymore. Besides he hates me now, he doesn't want me anymore."

Richard sighs, "What happen between Kyle and you?"

I turn to him, "Please don't hurt him."

Richards nods, "That's all I need to hear. You know what this means right?"

I say no.

"You violated your contract, you cheated on my son. You need to face the consequences," Richard says.

"What do you mean?"

"You need to stay another year by my son's side," he explains. My heart dropped a beat for a moment.

"No, I don't want to Richard, please!" I beg.

"Sorry, you knew what would happen if you cheated."

"Alex," Richard says. He gets to my level and holds my head up. "Don't give my son the satisfaction of seeing you like this. You knew what you were doing Alexandra."

"I hate all of you."

I quickly stand and go to my room. I close the door with all my might and drop to the bed. I start to beat up the pillow and ripping it apart. The feathers flow everywhere and my bed is a mess.

I scream with all the air I have in my lungs. "I HATE MY LIFE!"

I punch the bed, throw the pillows on the floor and even pull my hair. I am going insane and I don't know what I am going to do next.

KYLE POV:

I woke up in a hospital. People ask me if I know what happen and I say yes. Ian, I don't know how, discovered what happened between Alex and me. He attacked me like a wild animal unleashed from its cage. I didn't even expect for that to happen.

Now I am laying down on my bed in my room. I have Sam watching my every move. Richard doesn't want me to go anywhere and see anyone, especially Alex. Besides, I can't even move without being in pain. I have a broken rib and I'm bruised up.

"Sam, can I least watch TV?"

"Nope, Mr. Wilson said you are grounded. No entertainment, no visits or moving, those are the rules."

I roll my eyes, "Fine, then can I least have ice cream?"

Sam sighs, "Okay, just don't move." He opens the door then laughs, "Oh wait you can't!" his big belly moves up and down like Santa Claus.