Chapter 2: Ian and Kyle

I am sitting down next to my fiancée like any girlfriend will do while eating breakfast. My mom is in front of me and Johnny is on my other side. Richard is siting like the king, in the front of all of us. Jennifer isn't joining us, apparently she is working.

"So, did you get a good sleep?" Richard asks me. I eat my egg, before I answer him. "Yeah, thanks for asking."

My mom is enjoying all the fancy foods. I can't believe she doesn't even have a clue!

"Can I be excuse?" Johnny asks.

"Of course," Richard answers. Johnny gets up and leaves very stiff. He has something in his mind but I don't know what.

"Sir, the car is ready." Kyle comes in. Richard drinks his water and nods. He turns to my mom, "Lizabeth, I will be honored if you would take a walk with me in the park."

My mom smiles, "Of course, I would be delighted." she turns to me, "If it's okay with you sweetie." I just smile and say yes. 

They get up and leave. I turn to Ian, and he looks at me, "What?"

I just roll my eyes.

"Mr. Wilson, I was told to get a car for you too." Kyle says.

Ian stands and turns to him, "I didn't order a car for anything."

"Well your dad just told me to get one and for you to go with your girlfriend," Kyle explains.

Oh no! I am going to be with that idiot for an entire day! This is what Richard wants for us to be seen together.

Ian looks at me, "Well, you ready? Or you need to get pretty up?"

I sigh, "Yeah I am ready."

I was going to walk away but Ian gets my hand. "Come on, let's see where my dad wants us to go."

I felt weird having his hand around mine. I don't feel any cold or bitterness coming from him.

We are in backseat of the car. Kyle is driving and speaking of him, he hasn't even said hi to me since last night. I wonder if I really did piss him off last night.

"Okay we are here," Kyle says.

Ian opens the door and waits for me outside. Kyle stands next to the door. "Are you really mad at me?" I ask him. He closes the door and looks at me. "No, I am just following orders."

"Are you guys done?" Ian asks. I walk where Ian is and I see trees.

"Where are we?" I ask him.

Ian slightly smiles, "This is where I use to play when I was little. I use to play football and camp out with my friends."

He turns to me, "You wanna see around?"

"There is nothing to look at just trees." I answer.

"Wow, see, I am trying to be nice and you give me attitude." Ian starts walking towards the woods. I look at Kyle, he just shrugs. Ugh!

I run and catch up with Ian. Thank god I have jeans and my tennis shoes on.

"So why your dad brought us here?" I ask.

We are walking slowly through the woods. "I don't know, I don't get how my dad thinks sometimes," Ian says.

He sounds and looks so different from last night. Does he feel guilty about what happen? Or maybe this is how he acts when he is sober. He combs his hair back very shyly.

"I think my dad is trying to make me like you. Do you like hiking and the outdoors?"

"Yeah, I actually do. Well I haven't been camping in a while but I love it."