Chapter 12: Uncle Luis

"Oh Lizabeth, I missed you so much back at Baja California," Uncle Luis says. He kisses her cheek and hugs her one more time.

"Uncle Luis!" both Johnny and I yell his name like if we were 5 again.

"Mis sobrinos favoritos!"  (My two favorite nephews!)

We group hug and laugh.

I release myself, "I missed you uncle."

"Oh, Alex, you don't think I miss my only family? How are you doing?" he asks.

"Good," I say.

Ian stands next to me and smiles.

"Who is this young man? Is this E-an?" Uncle Luis asks.

Ian chuckles at the sound of his name. "My name is Ian Wilson," he walks to Richard and Jennifer, "This is my father Richard and my sister Jennifer."

Uncle Luis introduces himself to them, "Hi, I am Alex's uncle. It is very nice to meet you all finally."

Richard nods, "Likewise."

We all walk to the dinner table.

Johnny and I start fighting over who sits next to our uncle.

"I am way cooler than you to sit next to Luis," Johnny is pushing me with his hips. He is trying to sit on the chair next to Uncle Luis.

"He doesn't like annoying people!" I yell. Jennifer is just looking at us in disbelieve over how we are acting.

"You know what, how about I sit next to him," Jennifer pushes both of us and sits. She smiles at my uncle and puts her napkin on her lap.

Ian gets me and sits me next to him.

We start to eat, (my uncle and Johnny get Menudo while the rest of us eat stuffed chicken breast with Mexican rice.)

"So, how did you meet this Ian?" Uncle Luis asks me. I look into his dark brown eyes that are surrounded by long thick lashes.

Don't lie!

"We meet at a party." Now that I think about it, we did first meet at the dinner party Richard hosted.  So I am not lying, ha!

"Oh that is great, I thought you met Ian on the website," Uncle Luis says.

"You mean the internet," Jennifer chuckles.

"Same thing," Uncle Luis chuckles. 

He's the same old uncle. After dad died, we thought he will be in a depression. Dad was like his best friend, his brother, the only family he had, besides us. They were super close and best friends.

"So, how was your trip Luis? Did you like the present I send you?" Richard asks.

"You mean the damn trip I took in a private jet? Damn you are right I like the ride!"

We all laugh; he is just so funny with that accent.

We finish and head to the library.

My uncle is wealthy but not rich enough to buy a house like Richard's. He owns a party place to host parties, he rents it to people.

I take a look at his brown skin, black hair, face just scanning everything.

"Who is this guy?" he whispers to Johnny.

"Just someone who knows how to do business," Johnny answers.

We sit on the two different brown leather sofas. My mom asks Uncle Luis about his life back in Mexico. Jennifer seems to be more interested in him than anyone else. Richard is just taking notes in his head. I see him looking at my uncle very closely.