Chapter 4: Alex + Ian= love ?

Two days later:

"Okay, well, how about a Vera Wang dress?" Jennifer asks me. We are outside by the swimming pool.

"Oh let me see," my mom gets the magazine from Jennifer. She gasps, "Oh my, this is the one, I know."

I get the magazine and look at the dress. Wow, it is very pretty. It is a strapless, heart shape bust, and a medium trail with lance on it. It is simple yet has a wow factor.

"Yep, that is the one," Jennifer says. She gets her magazine back and smiles at me. "I am the maid of honor, my opinions counts major."
I look at my mom then back at Jennifer. I sigh, "That is my wedding dress." They both chuckle and clap. I get my mom's excitement, but I don't know Jennifer's. She is acting super nice these past days.

"Okay, well let me call, and see if they have the dress for you." Jennifer says. She leaves with phone in hand. My mom gets up and hugs me. "I am so happy for you."
As much as I love my mom, she believes others more than me. She cares and loves me but she can be blind sometimes.

"Love you mom," I say.

"Love you too sweetie, how is Ian?" she asks as she sits down again.

"Good, he is good." I answer.

"He tells me he can't wait to be with you," my mom whispers.

"Why are you whispering?"

She chuckles, "Alex! You don't get what I am saying to you?"

I think for a while, then pop!

"Oh my! Ma! Don't tell me that," I exclaim.

"What? Look, he really loves you, and well he gave me the feeling of sexual desire for you," she explains. Oh my god! What the hell did Ian say to make my mom think that?!

"Okay, mom, that's between himself only. Don't me all nosy," I said. I look at a Vogue Magazine to block her off. I see her roll her eyes at me from the corner of my eye.

She takes off her sun hat off and fans herself, "Wow, is it me or it's hot?"

"It's almost summer madam, it has to be hot," Ian says as he walks in.

My mom chuckles and says hi.

He kisses my cheek, "Hey, afternoon Alex."

I just smile quick and go back reading the magazine. Ian sits next to me and gets a glass of cold lemonade. "So, Ian, tell me a bit more about yourself. I gotta know my future son-in-law," my mom says.

"Well, I graduated from Stanford, and I have a degree in Marketing and Business. I like sports and the outdoors. And well, I like your daughter," Ian explains.

"Like? I thought you said you loved her?" my mom asks serious.

Ian looks at me, "That's what I meant to say, it is just." I interrupt him, "Mom, Ian doesn't know how to express his feelings. It took him a while to say he loves me."

Phew...stupid Ian.

"Oh, well I am glad you love her." my mom smiles. She excuses himself; she is going to wake up Johnny. And speaking of him, I haven't seen him in days. Kyle told me he is working for Richard again, except not as collector. He is a driver.

Ian stands up, "Get all pretty up, we going to eat lunch with some of my friends. We are going to golf afterwards."

"I hate golf," I say.

He gets on my face, "Well, it hates you back. Now please, get something nice to wear and met me outside the house." he kisses my cheek and leaves.

I have been the perfect girlfriend when people are around us. We aren't fighting anymore, but it just feels awkward to be around him, especially when we are alone. He has been nice though. Maybe he is really changing.