Chapter 18: The Truth Comes out

"Alex,"

I open my eyes and sit on the bed. Johnny is lying next to me with a concern look. "Sam and Ian told me you needed to talk to me," he says.

I quickly squish him to death. I need my big brother right now.

"Johnny," I sniff, "I don't want to be here anymore. Please help me."

He cups my face. His eyes are watery and full of misery. "What can I do?"

"I failed as a son and now a brother. I put you in a position you should have never ever been if it wasn't my fault. Perdóname,"

He hugs me so tight. I can feel his sorrow and regret. I don't want him to feel like this. It wasn't his fault or mine.

"Johnny, please stop crying,"

We turn around and see Jennifer against the door. "Stop this whining and bitching between the two of you. I don't even get like this and I have been living here since I was born. You think this is hell. It isn't."

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

Jennifer sighs, "I was gonna steal Ian's wallet when I saw you guys crying on his bed. I guess I just feel sorry for you guys."

Wow, very truthful.

Johnny stands, "Ms. Wilson please just leave us alone."

"Since when you call me Ms. Wilson, Mr. Perez," Jennifer asks.

Johnny sighs and walks in front of her. He tells her something so softly and quietly I only get the word "please".

Jennifer rolls her eyes at him and sits next to me. I see her brown smoky eyes looking at me in disgust. "I hate what I am seeing Alex. My daddy definitely won this war. Look at you! You look worse than Kesha in a trash bag. You are way more emo and lame than before."

"What the hell?" I ask. "Get out! Why are you saying those things? What have I done to you?"

Johnny grabs her arm and pulls her up. "Leave."

"Let go! I am trying to cheer her up!"

"By insulting me and calling me ugly" I exclaim. What is with this chick?

Jennifer gets her arm back and fixes her strapless tan dress. "I was going to give a peep talk." she sits back down and looks at me. "What I am trying to say is that you are giving in to my dad's game. He wants to see you like this. This only shows that he won and you are losing so badly. I don't want you to be like this not if it isn't my causing."

"So you are saying to pretend that I am so happy with my husband like you are pretending to like me or help me?"

She sighs, "I am trying to prove someone wrong. And I just hate for Ian to feel sadder than before. Believe it or not, I care about him."

"He cheated on me Jennifer. He is not a good person," I say.

"So this is what all is about? You thinking Ian cheated on you with Summer?"

I just nod.

"He didn't, how could he cheat with the girl who cheated on him twice? He hates Summer as much as I hate polyester. Trust me, when Ian has her in front of him it doesn't get pretty like me in that material," she says.

What? Summer told me HE cheated on her. He only wanted to marry her to get the money and houses.

"You are saying Summer cheated on Ian?"

Jennifer nods.

What?! No, if he didn't cheat on her then he never cheated on me. He was telling the truth all this time?