Chapter 16: Honeymoon

IAN POV:

I am waiting for Alex to come out of her room. Kyle is here with me waiting for her as well.

"Did you really have sex with Summer?" he asks.

"What do you think?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "I don't know."

I sigh, "I didn't even touch her. I didn't sleep with her. I told you."

"Okay, I am ready." Alex says. I take her hand and we walk to the party.

There is a trial of red roses leading to the exit. Alex just smiles and waves to everyone like a princess. I see my dad and sister clapping in cheer. Alex's mom is crying in happiness. He just stands there looking at me like if he is going to kill me. Uncle Luis is so drunk that he is hanging from Gil's shoulder.

We finally are outside. There is a white BMW parked with the traditional cans that are tied on the back of the car and the "We are married" sign.

Elizabeth stops in front of us. She smiles, "Now, please, take care of my daughter. Be a good man to her. Be a good husband as well. I give you my total blessing."

Alex is holding my hand so tight. I turn and see that she is trying not to cry and beg for help.

"Bye sweetie," Elizabeth hugs her. Alex hugs her back so tight.

"I love you mom," she whispers.

"I love you too mija," Elizabeth says as she pulls away.

Johnny comes with Uncle Luis to hug Alex.

"Son, can I give you a proper hug?" my dad asks.

I just nod. I hug him and see Jennifer behind him. She just gives me a faint smile.

I pull away, "Bye. I'll see you all in a week."

"Wait," Kyle comes running towards me.

"What?" I ask.

Kyle gives me some keys.

"They are the keys for the boat. I forgot that I still had them," he says.

I get the keys and put them on my pocket.

Alex comes to my side and tells me she is ready.

"Hope you have a great night," dad says.

We walk to the car and Alex hopes in. I go in and start the car.

Alex turns to the window and sees her family.

"Bye," she whispers.

It hurts me the way she said it; as if every bad emotion she is feeling is my fault. I can't make her feel better because she won't listen to me.

I begin the long drive to our honeymoon spot.

ALEX POV:

I slept on the way to our spot.

Ian taps my shoulder, "Alex, wake up. We are here."

I rub my eyes and look out the window. It is pretty dark but I can see the shape of a small house.

Ian opens the door and I get outside. It is drizzling and I run for shelter. Ian opens the door and turns the lights on.

It is a cabin house but it has a modern twist. I walk in.

"I get the stuff from the car."

Ian leaves outside.

I take off my shoes and let my hair down. Great, I am in hell now.