Chapter 3: He likes me?

It has been 2 weeks that I've been in my new home and living my new life. My mom and brother are still here with me. I've been a good girl in Richard's eyes so I am getting anything I need.

I am sitting with Angelica and Kayla in the living room. We are looking at a place to hold my wedding in. My mom is in the kitchen with the maid getting some cookies and tea done.

"Oh, this place looks super nice, it's in Las Vegas," Kayla says. She shows me a picture on her tablet of a casino looking reception. I shake my head, "No, too casino looking and like I told you girls, it has to be in the city or just 30 miles away."

Angelica nods, "Okay, like you say future Mrs. Wilson."

"Okay, ladies, enjoy!" my mom comes in with a platter of cookies. The maid is behind her with a silver pot of tea and cups.

"Thank you Lizabeth, it was very nice of you to bake cookies," Kayla says. My mom smiles, "Anything for my daughter's friends."

We eat some tea and sugar cookies like rich people do. My mom is enjoying herself and I am pretending to do so as well.

Ian walks in, "Hello ladies, you all are looking beautiful."

Kayla blushes, "Well, thanks Ian, how are you doing?"

"Good, thanks for asking." he sees me and gets stiff. I guess he didn't know I was here.

"Hey Ian! How did your meeting go?" my mom asks. He just smiles and says it went okay.

Before he can leave, Richard and Jennifer walk in.

"Hey little brother," Jennifer says. She has her hair loose, skinny jeans and a white tank top paired with white high heels.

"Oh my, killer shoes honey," Angelica says. She stands and hugs her. Kayla does the same as well.

"So, how about your friends join us Jennifer?" Richard asks.

"Oh yes! Girls, would you like to go help me pick a car?" Jennifer asks.

Kayla and Angelica start yelling and giggling. "YES!" they exclaim. They get their hand bags and leave me.

"I thought we were planning for Alex's wedding." my mom says. She has this confuse face on.

Richard apologizes to me, "I am sorry Alexandra. I didn't know you were planning for the wedding. Let me call the girls."

I stand, "No, it's okay. We are just looking for a place. I know where I want the wedding to be in."

"Oh really, where?" Ian asks. Ugh jerk, he knows I have no idea what I am doing.

"I thought it was going to be a surprise," my mom says. "Yes! It's a surprise." I exclaim.

Richard chuckles, "Well then, we talk about this later. Now excuse me." He leaves the house and my mom goes back to the kitchen. "I will let you two talk."

Ian takes off his office jacket and loosens his tie. "We have nothing to talk about. You can do whatever you want with the wedding." he says. He goes to his office and I go to my room.

I start to look for places again to hold the wedding. I spot a little reception hall, it's in the city, and it is cute. It has white walls, a grand dance floor, pretty crystal chandeliers, and holds 300 people.

"So, I guess this is it," I whisper to myself. I write down the number and owner of the place. I call Kyle to come in.

"Hey, afternoon," he kisses my forehead. He lays down on my bed and looks at me.

"I need you to get hold of the owner of this place," I point to the laptop screen, "this is where the party will be."

He sits, "Okay, did Ian approve this?"