Chapter 24: Cheated

It is another day since Ian has gone. Johnny has tried to talk to me.

I am laying on the fresh green floor outside. I am under a big giant giving me shade from the fire ball.

"Mrs. Wilson," I hear Sam. "I brought Charlie." Then I get licked attack by the small dog.

I chuckle,"Stop weirdo." I put him in my lap and rub his back. "Thanks Sam."

He smiles, "You're welcome. He missed you."

Charlie sees a butterfly and chases after it. "I'll bet he did."

"Has Ian called you?" Sam randomly asks.

"Yeah, why?"

Sam shrugs putting his hands in his pants pockets. "I just want to make sure he is okay. Been taking care of that kid since he was a baby."

That is nice.

"So how was Ian when he was little?" I ask.

"Oh, well, the same as he is today except less muscular, shorter, and less talkative," Sam answers.

"Cool."

"Not to mention he was clumsy," Richard suddenly comes in the picture. He has jeans with a navy blue button shirt. He has this chill look to him.

"Hi Mr. Wilson," Sam says.

"Hey Sam, hey Alex."

"Sup," I say. Charlie comes back to me and begs me to rub his stomach. He is on his back smiling at me.

"You can leave for a while Sam," Richard says. Sam nods and leaves. Richard comes sits down next to me. He pets Charlie for a while and then turns to me. "How are you?"

I sigh, "Okay. I am alive."

"Good."

Charlie begins to nom on the grass and it makes me chuckle. "Why is Ian allergic to this cutie pie?" I ask.

Richard shrugs, "I don't know. We discovered that he was allergic when he was little. I got him a puppy and then the next day he was puffed up with red spots everywhere."

Ew...

"Are you allergic to something?" I ask him.

"Nope. I am one of the lucky ones."

"I am allergic to cherries."

Richard chuckles, "Okay. So I guess I wont be feeding you cherries. Don't want you to look like one."

I poke his side on his stomach. "Shut up."

Richard gets the puppy and raises it to the sky. Charlie just wags his tail and barks. "I think we need to walk to this guy." Richard calls Sam over for the leash so we can walk the dog around.

We begin to walk towards the backyard. I am walking next to Richard. He has the leash walking Charlie.

"I heard that Kyle is going out with your friend. I saw them leaving the house." Richard says.

I stop, "Yeah, I guess."

I begin to walk faster leaving them behind. Ugh! Why did he have to remind me of them!? Kyle tried to explain to me that since I am moving on with Ian that he gave Melissa a chance. I guess I am stupid.

"Alex-" Richard interrupts my thought.

"What?"

His hand touches my cheek, "Why are you upset? Does Kyle still keep your mind occupied?"

"Nothing. Just don't talk about them. I don't care."

Richard sighs, "Okay."

"BARK!"