Chapter 40: Missing

IAN POV:

"Ian," Kyle is calling me.

"Yeah?" This is a surprise.

"Alex," he says, "she is missing."

"So?" I ask.

"Richard took her," Kyle says.

"Our dad? Why would our dad take Alex?" What's going on? I thought the only reason why she moved to California was to help Johnny. It was part of the plan we made. Is this because of the relationship they had?

"Can you just come by my place?"

I sigh, I look at Cassy with our baby. "Sure."

I hang up and tell Cassy I am going to see Kyle.

"Can I go? I don't want to be alone," she frowns. I look at our baby girl in siting on her lap. "Okay, get ready."

We arrive to Kyle's house. Melissa and Johnny are there.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Melissa can you and Cassy step out?" Johnny asks.

"But-" Cassy says.

I look at her, "Go to the room please."

She nods and goes with Melissa to the bedroom. I sit next to Kyle.

"Do you know about Alex and Richard's relationship?" Kyle asks me.

Wait, he knows about what they done?

"Richard kidnapped Alex," Johnny says. "Melissa saw when he grabbed her to a car and drove away. We have been calling her phone but no answer. Kyle has gone to the house but Richard isn't there."

"Johnny is a cop," Kyle looks at me.

Whoa, whoa, what?

Johnny takes out his wallet and shows me a police golden badge. He's a cop!

"I wanted to be a security guard at this fancy bank, but of course, I needed training. I did my training along with some future police men. The scout saw me and told me I had more potential than the others so he convinced me to join." Johnny says, "I started to train to be an officer, but I also needed money. I meet your father at a restaurant I was working part-time, when he asked me if I wanted to be a collector. I knew Richard was doing something illegal, so I report it."

He continues, "my officers said to take the job. At first I didn't understand, but soon after I accepted it, they explain I was the right guy for the job. I needed to go undercover."

"The police have been chasing after dad for five years," Kyle says. "They haven't had enough proof to charge him for anything."

"This is crazy, I know my dad has bribe people and such, but is he really doing things illegally?" I ask.

"I almost killed someone," Johnny says, "I knew I couldn't blow my cover, it was too early in the assignment, but I stop myself. I beat the guy badly enough that he can't walk anymore."

"What is my dad doing?" I ask.

"For all I've seen," Johnny says, "he can be charged with attempted murder, bribery, money laundering, and now kidnapping."

My father is a criminal after all.

"I already submitted my report to the police. Melissa already reported Alex being kidnapped. The police should be here any second," Johnny says.

ALEX POV

I open my eyes. I fell asleep. I hear seahawks yelling outside, I see a brown closet door, and I hear people outside. I sit and look around. I am at a hotel room. I look to my right and see glass slide doors. I stand and look outside. It's a beach. People are laughing, dancing, swimming, etc.