Chapter 7: Our first date

ALEX POV:

I tell Johnny about my decision to try it with Ian. He quickly gets upset and angry at me. "What? Alex, they are criminals! Ian is just playing with you!"

"Johnny! Please, you don't know him, he isn't like Richard. He works at marketing and real estate. Ian doesn't want to be like his father." I say.
I made the decision. I won't be happy with Kyle either. He made it clear that he doesn't care about us anymore.

"How can we make sure he isn't playing with you? Alex, please think about this. It is just a contract; you don't have to be involved with him," he says. He hugs me, "Please, don't fall in love with him."

"I don't know if that will happen, but please trust me." I say. I kiss his cheek and go outside to my date.

I check myself on the mirror in the hallway. I put my hair in a bun and a simple black dress. My bangs make my look edgy since I am wearing black eye shadow.

I open the door to the outside world. Then I see Ian wearing a tuxedo besides a dinner table. There are lights hanging from the trees that look like stars.

I slowly walk towards Ian. I am getting nervous every step I am taking. His cheeks widen and I see his white teeth.

"You look great," he smiles.

I lightly smile. He pulls out my chair and I sit down. I put the napkin on my lap and so does Ian.

"Ms. Perez, I am glad you decided to really try this out. So because of that, I present you an Italian dinner," Ian says. He claps his hands and waiters come in with silver plates on their hands. I receive traditional spaghetti and meatballs, and Ian spinach soup with bread sticks. One of the waiters gives us a glass of champagne and water, and another waiter starts playing the violin.

"Enjoy," Ian says as he holds up his glass. We say a cheer and start eating. It's delicious! The pasta is perfectly cooked, the meat is lamb, and I get a slice of pizza!

We finish eating, well not quite yet. A waiter brings us chocolate coated strawberries and bananas with sugar.

Ian pushes my chair closer to him. We are like a foot from each other.

"Okay, did you enjoy dinner?" Ian asks.

"Yeah, it was great. Never had an Italian dinner before, thanks," I answer.

He chuckles and asks me to guess who did the dinner. I look around, "Hmm, maybe my mom?"

"I did everything Alex," he says.

Wow, really?

My mouth is in an O shape. "Well, you certainly gain points for this."

He laughs, "Yay for me."

Ian gets a strawberry and offers me one. I bite into it. We are few inches away from each other now.

"Thanks for everything; it was nice of you to do this." I say. I feel guilty for even thinking about Kyle before. I grew too attached to him in a short time. He was the only kind person at first.

"I only want to show you that I am serious. And heck, I like bragging about my excellent cooking," Ian smirks. I roll my eyes at his remark.

Suddenly, slow jazzy music comes dancing in the air. Ian stands and offers me his hand. "Would you like to dance?"

Why not?

We walk to the middle of the garden and start to dance. He puts his arm around me while holding my hand on his other hand. I bring our hands to his chest and lay them there.