Chapter 8: Too good to be true...

I am waiting for Richard in his office. I sit on top of his desk. I scatter the papers around on the desk just out of boredom. I am giving my back to the door, so I get scared when I feel Richard's hand on my shoulders.

"Hello Alex, good afternoon," he says as he walks around the desk. He sits down on his big brown chair.

"Kyle told me you needed to talk to me," I say.

"Yes, I need to know about what you need for the wedding. Don't worry about the money, I will provide it."

"Thanks, right now I am just sending the invitations and looking for the bridesmaid dresses."

"Good, if you need money just tell my assistant. He will give you checks and a debit card."
I just nod. I play with my fingernails, trying to get the dirt out of my nails. I am still sitting on top of the desk.

"Alex, you okay?" Richard asks.

"Huh?"

I am not okay. I am so confuse about my decision to be with Ian.

I feel Richard's hands on mine. He is standing in front of me. He looks worried about me and I see Ian's eyes on me.

"Alexandra, I want to thank you for making my son a better man. He tells me that you are an official couple now and I am happy about that."

"I'm just trying to take something positive about all of this. You don't need to thank me at all," I say. I get my hands back and cross my arms on my chest.

"You are correct, now," he takes my hand and stands me up, "How about we go eat lunch?"

Do I have a choice?

We get into the car. Richard is with me on the backseat. I ignore him all the way.

"Your mother told me you like 'gorditas' right?" Richard asks. I chuckle, the way he said gorditas is so funny. I try to correct him but he just doesn't get it right.

We arrive to a Mexican restaurant.

We get a table and a short black hair girl comes to take our order. Richard orders a soda with two gorditas of ground meat. I order some of beans with cheese.

"My mom and you talk a lot huh?" I ask.

The sodas come in. Richard drinks some before he answers, "Yes, your mother is quiet a charm. She is very much like you, strong, smart and beautiful."

"She doesn't have a clue about what's going on right?" I ask him.

"Nope, but that is good for everyone. Am I right Alex?"

I just nod. The food comes in and we eat.

Richard loves the food and he orders some for his bodyguard. We leave and walk around the area. It's a small area of the city, kind of a small town. Richard takes off his office jacket and loosens his tie.

"So do you really like my son?" he asks.

"He is nice once you know him. He tells me that he is attractive to me so I am trying. I don't want to be miserable for the time I am here." I answer.

Richards puts his hands on his pockets and looks to the heavens. "Alexandra, you never think about my son actually falling in love with you and you falling for him?"

I stop and turn to him, "You really think so?"

He stops, looks at the ground, then at me. "I know Ian, he is my son. You are the perfect girl for him."

Can I really fall for Ian? I can't picture myself in love with him, it's weird.

"How rude of me, I didn't say how nice you look today Alexandra," Richard says as he gets my hands.