Chapter 38: The start of the end Part 1

I am going to meet Ian. He isn't here but he asked Jennifer to keep me company.

I finally meet Matthew in person. I am holding him tight against my chest. Jennifer has Christian in her arms. "He is a lovely baby," I say.

"Thanks," she says. "Christian is a good baby too."

"Where is Johnny?" I ask. "I saw him a while ago but he suddenly left."

"He went with my father,"

"Wait," I stop, "Richard can't know I am here."

"Don't worry," Jennifer says, "He doesn't know."

I nod, "Okay."

There's a knock on the room door. "It is Ian."

"Come in," Jennifer stands and we exchange babies.

Ian comes in and looks at me.

"I will be in the living room," Jennifer excuses herself.

Ian quickly asks for Christian. I give Christian to him. "The tear came in positive for you. He is your baby,"

"I have two kids now," he chuckles, "hi baby,"

I can't help but to smile. Ian loves him.

We share a quiet moment but it is nice.

Ian soon leaves. He needs to find a way to tell Cassie and others now. I am in the living room when Kyle comes in.
"Oh wow, another baby?"
I give him a light smile. "Hi,"

He looks up at me, "Can I hold him?"

I am a bit surprised but I allow him. I give him the baby. Kyle sits on the edge off he sofa and looks at Christian. "Hey," he whispers. "How are you buddy?" Christian is awake and holds Kyle's finger. "Man, you are a strong baby huh?" Kyle chuckles.

"Thankfully you look like your mom," Kyle says, "you are a handsome kid." He suddenly turns quiet.
"Alex, I need to say something."

"What?" I ask.

"Ian and I grow up together with Jennifer in the same house, "he says.

"Umm so?"

"My mother also was in the same house as Ian's and Jennifer's mom and Richard," he continues.

I let him finish but nod to let him know to continue.

"My mom was a maid at the house. She-she had an affair with Richard,"

Wait..what?

"My mom died when I was just born due to blood lost. Richard gave me to Ian's mom as a present because she lost a baby boy."

"Stop," I say. "Are you-"

"I am Ian's step-brother."

I can't believe what he is telling me. "How?"

"I don't know, another maid told me that story," Kyle says. "I grew up thinking that Ian's mother was mine, in some ways she was but I was never hers. Richard is my dad."

"But he doesn't treat you the same as Ian or Jennifer," I say.

"I was never the perfect son," he says, "he disowned me when I was eighteen. That's why I work for him now, I need the money."

"Wait, Ian told me about a baby that his mother had, that baby isn't Richard's baby,"

"That's Jennifer," Kyle says. "Jennifer isn't Richard's blood."

Oh wow....

"This is a lot to take in huh?" he chuckles.

I nod.