Chapter 20: Hope

It has been a month since I been married to Alex. Everything seems to be normal when we are around people but once the door closes is as if we aren't even a couple. She goes to her room and I go to mine. We aren't even friends.

....

"I have been thinking," Elizabeth says, "what if you convince Alex to go on a cruise or vacation? She always liked to travel."

Elizabeth is here for the weekend. She and Uncle Luis have been worried about Alex. They came here a one day and saw Alex very depressed. She couldn't pretend she was happy.

"I don't know," I answer.

Elizabeth smiles, "Of course you do, just trust yourself. Alex loves a guy who liked to lead. Basically, she loves a man who can be confident about his decisions."

"I will try my best to make her happy. I promised you that I would make her happy."

She nods, "Okay. Well I am going to see Johnny and then say a quick goodbye to Alex. Hope you don't disappoint me."

I hug her quickly and walk her to the door. I go sit back on the desk and begin to work. But I can't take off my mind of Alex. She isn't the same anymore.

The door suddenly opens and she smiles.

"Can I come in?" Alex asks.

I quickly stand and say yes. I take a look at her and she is wearing a short, flower print, summer dress with heels. Her hair is in the natural waivy way she has it.

"Can we talk?" she asks.

"Yeah, what is going on?" I ask.

Alex sits on the couch next to my desk. I sit next to her and wait for her to talk.

"I was wondering if we can go out to eat today. My mom is going to leave today so I was wondering if we all can go out. I want to make my mom not be worried about me."

I lightly smile, "Yeah, that is a good idea. Does your mom know?"

"Yeah, I actually saw her on the hallway. She was glad about it."

"Cool, well, let me just finish working and I will make reservations."

Alex nods, "Okay. Well let me tell my mom and Johhny to get ready." She stands and looks at me with those green eyes. I wish I can really make her happy and truely smile.

"Is something wrong?" she asks.

I nod, "Yeah, I mean no you just look very nice today."

She looks down at her shoes. "Yeah, I wanted to clean up a little."

"I'm glad," I say.

She walks to the door and tells me to get ready in twenty minutes.

...

I change into blue jeans and a gray t-shirt. I walk to the living room where Elizabeth, Alex, and Johnny were.

"Okay, let's go," I say.

I take them to a nice restaurant for some good old barbeque meal.

I notice Alex changed clothes on the way to our table. She has a blue off the shoulder dress with her hair straight.

"I am glad everything is okay now," Elizabeth says. Johnny coughs, "Sure."

I look at him, "Well at least for Alex and me. I don't know about you but I hope everything turns out good for you my brother-in-law."

He smirks, "Yeah, I hope too."

Alex kicks him and me under the table. She gives us both a stare.