Chapter 37: Finalizing

JOHNNY POV

"Do you agree on the terms of your assignment?" Captain Flores asks me. I look at up to meet his hazel eyes looking down at me with worry.

"Of course," I say. "I will serve my community."

Captain Flores tells the female police officer to take me to a room. "You will be assigned and you will get more information about Mr. Wilson."

"Okay sir," I stand and follow the lady. She takes me to a room and helps me sign papers and more papers. She tells me about the consequences, special training, and the objective of the assignment. She asks if I understand and I say yes.

"Okay Mr. Perez," she says, "welcome to the investigation unit, you will now be serving Richard Wilson as a bodyguard and collector. You might have meet him as a nice person, because of the money he lend you for your mother, but he is a very bad man."

"I understand," I say.

"Okay, well, your training begins tomorow. We will contact Thomas, the burger restaurant owner, to give you a job there to cover up where your income will be coming from. You will tell your family you work for him as a cook."

"Okay," I say.

**Present time**

I see Jennifer holding our baby Matthew while siting on our bed. "Hey," I smile.

"Hey," Jennifer says. I take off my coat and throw to the side and take off my shoes. I sit next to her and wrap my arm around her. "How have you been?"

"Good," she says, "he hasn't been a bad boy and he smiled at me today."

I touch Matthew's cheek and he looks at me. "He is so precious," I say.

"Yeah," she lightly smiles. "So how was work today? My dad came back so I am thinking he has lots of work."

"Yeah," I answer, "I have just been helping Kyle drive him around."

"Why don't you want to leave?" she asks.

"I can't," I whisper. I wish, since the first day I kissed her, to tell her who I really am.

"I want to," she says with a serious look, "I don't want Matthew to go through the same things as me in this house. My dad is not bad but he hasn't been the greatest person."

I kiss her. "Just hold on for a while, I promise you it will be over soon."

"I hate you," she whispers.

I chuckle, "I love you too."

....

IAN POV

I am playing with my baby girl. Well, I am trying to make her laugh but Cassie tells me she can't really do much. She is only one month old. Juliet is growing up so fast. She came a bit early but she is such a strong baby. We were lucky to have her well.

"Ian," Cassie comes in my office room, "someone is calling you from Mexico."

I give Juliet to her and get the home phone. "Hello?"

"Ian!" It's Uncle Luis. "Oh, thank god, I need you."

"Sir, what's wrong?" I ask. Cassie asks what is going on but I ignore her.

"Alex, she is going to give birth but the hospital is full, we are in Tamualipas, we were on our way to her mother's place, but her water broke."

Crap...

"Okay okay, I will get a private helicopter to go for you guys. Can she wait about four hours?" I ask.

"Yes, I think so," he answers.