Chapter 16: Extended

We stop at this lake. I see a big house next to the lake on the other side.

"Hello," an Asian man says.

"Hi, we are going to visit my friend," Ian points to the house.

"Oh yes."

We jump into a small yacht and go the other side.

"Who's your friend?"

Ian ignores my question. We finally get to the house and go in. It is like a summer beach house.

"Hey guys!"

That voice sounds so familiar.

I see Gil coming with Samantha on his side. Samantha hugs me, "How is Mrs. Wilson doing?"

I chuckle, "Fine."

Gil hugs Ian then me. "How are you Alex?"

"Good."

Ian wraps his arm on my waist and pulls me to his side. "So where should we go?"

"I already have the fire going outside. Samantha was wondering if Alex wanted to hang with her for a while," Gil answers.

"Yeah, sure," Ian says. He kisses me quickly and goes with Gil outside.

Samantha giggles and gets me to the couch. "So," she winks, "how was last night?"

"I don't want to be rude but why are you here?" I ask.

Samantha flips her red hair to the side. "Well, I wanted to come to relax and think about my wedding. Then Ian called Gil and asked if he can borrow the house for a day. So Gil thought that it be nice for us to come and host a bar-b-que for you guys."

"Oh okay," I say.

Samantha looks at me, "Are you alright Alex?"

I just nod.

"You don't have that glow after being with the man you love," she says worriedly.

"Oh,"

She notices my attitude and leaves it alone. I know I need to convince people that I am in love with Ian but I can't.

"Okay, how about we go and change into our bathing suits and we talk about this later," Samantha says.

"I didn't bring anything,"

"I lend you one. I think we are the same size."

IAN POV:

We are doing some steaks on the grill waiting for the girls to come out. Gil notices my silence.

"Okay, can you please tell me why you look more depressed than me on Christmas?"

"Why would you be depressed on Christmas?"

"I would be depressed on Christmas because-"

Samantha comes in with a white bikini and high heels.

Gil smirks, "I would definitely be depressed on Christmas if I didn't have this present."

They kiss.

I turn and see Alex shyly coming towards me. She is trying to hide her body with a small towel. I see she has a small black bikini.

I chuckle, "Sam, why didn't you tell me you were going inside the pool?"

"Well, I am sorry. I forgot."

Alex comes to hide behind me. "This is way too small for me. Samantha has smaller boobs than me," she whispers.

"Alex, come on," Samantha yells.