Chapter 35: Continue Finding Alex

I don't see any reaction from Ian. He is just standing there life-less. I step back and call his name.

"W-what did you say?" he asks in disbelieve.

I step back one more time. I am afraid of what he might do.

"I-I" I gulp down my tears, "I was in a relationship with Richard for a while."

"You?" Ian asks.

I nod. "But I swear I didn't-"

He opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out. His eyes are light red and watery. His expression is of a man whose pride has been taken away and crushed.

"What?" he asks. "You had sex with my dad?!"

"Yes,"

"What did you say Alex?" Uncle Luis comes to my side. His face is angry and confused.

I turn to see him. "Nothing."

"What do you mean nothing?" Ian exclaims, "you fucking slept with my father! How could you?"

Uncle Luis comes in between us. Ian has his hand in the air about to slap someone. "Violence is not allowed in my house young man."

"I'm sorry," I whisper. "I am really sorry."

"How could you Alex? What the freak?" Ian yells.

Uncle Luis, as angry as he is, protects me with his body. He places his hand on Ian's chest, "Ian you can come and speak like a person when you are calm. Leave my house now."

"No thanks," Ian says, "I will never EVER come back again. I hate you so much right now Alex. I can't believe you did that with my own father! That's sick!"

I begin to cry out of embarrassment, anger, sadness, and confusion. I never meant to have anything with Richard. I needed to do it for my family.

"Fuck you," Ian leaves the house.

I break down on the couch and sob.

"You cry. You pray. I will talk to you later. I don't want to make any judgements right now, but if that relationship did happened, I can't believe you would have done such a thing. Hopefully that baby isn't Richards." Uncle Luis leaves the house as well.

I feel such a relief but ironically I feel so heavy with guilt. I didn't have a choice. I need to call Richard. I need to know he won't hurt anyone. I go to my room and get my little contact book. I see Richard's house number and dial it.

"Hello?" I recognize Sam's voice (the bodyguard).

"Sam! It's me Alex," I answer.

"Oh Alex! Miss! How are you?" he asks.

"I need to talk to Richard," I say.

"He isn't home,"

"Gosh"

"Do you want to leave a message?"

"No it's fine," I hang up.

I am so scared of what Ian might do.

Uncle Luis comes back after a long walk. It is eight twenty four at night.

I am sitting on the dinner table next to the kitchen. "Tio (uncle in spanish)"

He sits next to me on the wooden chair. "Tell me what happened."

I take a deep breathe and tell him what happened, of course with not much detail. I breathe out and finish telling the story.

Uncle Luis shakes his head. "So, you been lying to your mother and me all this time. Johnny has been a liar as well."

I nod. I told him about Johnny and that he is the reason why I married Ian. He is also part of me being with Richard.

"Richard is like one of the narcos (gangster) in here in Mexico huh?" he asks.

"Sort of," I say, "I just know he lends money to anyone. If he doesn't get paid back, then, that's when he gets guns and violence involved. I don't know if he has killed anyone though and I don't want to."

"Why haven't you told the police?" he asks.

"Because he threatened to kill all of us," I answer.

"Richard?"

"yes"

"And you still had sex with him? Despite of him being a bad man and having the high chance of him murdered someone in his lifetime,"

"Yes but for you all. I know he has people to hurt people. I was afraid."

He sighs, "So, you said Johnny doesn't want Richard to sign the contract to get his freedom back?"

"I guess so," I say, "if he was free, he would have come over here or back with mom."

"This is so weird and crazy," he says. "ay dios mio, how did you all get into this?"

I shrug, "Johnny sort of told me that he did it because of mom. You know how sick she was. We couldn't afford the hospital bill."

"Yeah I know," Uncle Luis comments.

"Is that child Ian's?"

"I don't know,"

"You don't know?" he asks.

"Tio, you know why I came here, back to Mexico?"

"Of course,"

"I also came here because of a man. He did something really bad to me."

"Who?"

"Gil, one of Ian's ex best friends, raped me on my honeymoon,"

I swallow my pride as I said this. I hate talking about it.

"Oh my," Uncle Luis comforts me in a hug. I have my head against his chest and his arm is around me. "is he in jail?"

"Yes, for a long time," I answer.

"Good, that bastard will die in jail."

"I've been thinking and he might also be the dad. I don't want it to be," I cry.

"Ssh," he whispers, "no matter what, the child, he will be loved by you, your mother, Johnny, and me. Because that child is not to be blame for."

"I know, but I won't be able to look at my baby without being remembered of his father. I don't want to see Gil's face anymore."

"We don't know that. For all we know he might look like your grandpa Joel. All fat and bald."

I chuckle, "Sure."

He kisses my head, "I am here for you. I am not happy about you being involved with Richard. I am angry right now but I can't do anything about it."

"gracias, te quiero mucho," I say.

"me too sweetie."