Chapter 28: Wrong deal

ALEX POV:

I am staying with my mom. She isn't talking to me. She disapproves of the divorce. She tells me that I had a man who had money, was respectful, smart, and will make a great dad one day. Who will not love that?

I make my bed and go to the small green kitchen. Mom is making breakfast.

"Buenos dias," she says.

I see chorizo on the pan sizzling away. yum.

"Morning mama," I sit on the small round wooden table. It has a hand made red table cloth on it.

"I am going to work until 9 today. They need me to make the night treats."

I nod. "okay."

She puts three eggs on the chorizo and cooks it. She then serves it on two white plates.

"Thanks," I take a plate and begin to eat. I get a warm biscuit and orange juice.

"Sweetie," mom says, "have you talked to Ian?"

"No mom, I don't want to."

"but you need to talk-"

"No mom," I look at her serious, "I just want to be alone for a while. Breathe in and just be calm."

"Fine," she stands and leaves to work. She doesn't even eat.

...

It is mid afternoon. I take a quick shower and change into some white shorts and a pink cheetah print shirt with flats. I let my curly hair fly free in the wind. I walk to the park.

I see some guys playing basketball. Kids playing soccer and frisbee. Dogs and cats being fed hot dogs by some nuns, and birds singing on the benches, trees, and swings.

"May I sit?"

I turn and see a dark skin guy smiling. The sun goes away from his face and it's Pete!

"Hey chica, you don't remember me?"

I stand and look at him in disbelieve. He looks so different now. It has been about 3 years since I seen him. He has his black hair longer, he has more muscle, and he doesn't have the piercing on his right eyebrow now.

"Ye-yeah. How you been Pete?" I ask.

He chuckles, "good. I have a good job now. I graduated high school and I think I look even more handsome now."

I chuckle, "wow. You are still the same."

He tells me to sit.

"What are you doing here?" he asks.

"Umm this is where I live remember?"

"Well yeah but the last time I talked to your ma, she told me you got married."

"oh"

Pete takes my hand, "darn you got a divorce or what?"

I take my hand back and say yes. "Yeah we just rushed into marriage. But we are okay."

"I guess. Well it's good to see you again bella. You still are very pretty Alex."

I look down and shake my head, "Stop it. If you trying to win me over, its not going to work."

Pete laughs, "Whoa! don't think I'm all into you Alex. Just complimenting on something beautiful. FYI I have a hot girlfriend. I have six months with her."

I slap his arm, "hate you."

"me too but hey what are you going to do about it?"

"yeah."