Chapter 15: My wedding day

"I guess the pressure got to her," I hear my mom's voice in the dark.

I open my eyes and see her smiling. "How are you sweetie?"

"What happened?" I ask.

"I think you were having a nightmare Alex," Melissa comes in with a cup of tea.

Wait, was that a dream only?

"You were screaming to shut up and I don't know what else crazy things," my mom says.

What?

Melissa smiles, "So are you ready for today?"

"It is barely going to be seven," I say.

My mom laughs, "Yes! It is going to be seven in the morning! Today is your wedding day!"

QUE?!

I sit up, "Today? Is today my wedding?"

Melissa giggles, "Don't be nervous. Everything will be fine!"

Jennifer comes in with her pink pajama dress.

"Morning! How is the bride doing?" she asks.

Okay, I am confused as hell. What is going on? Was that just a nightmare?

Jennifer pushes me off the bed and begins to walk me to the bathroom.

"Okay, take a good shower. Then we are going to eat something so we can get ready."

"Jennifer, this is not a dream right?"

"Hopefully it doesn't turn into a nightmare," she says before leaving me.

I shower then go to the outside balcony. I eat some eggs with my mom and Melissa. I am so confused. The dream seemed so real and in the present. Did Ian really cheat on me? Is Summer really real?

I finish eating then start to get ready. Jennifer brings a hair stylist and make-up artist to get all of us ready. Kayla, Christina, and Samantha come shortly after. They are part of the bridesmaid court.

I discovered that no one of my so called friends are coming. Ever since I broke up with Pete, everyone started to treat me differently. I was the bad person to them.

Samantha broke my thoughts, "Alex, do you want to make sure everything is going good downstairs?"

"No, how about you check?"

She nods and leaves.

My hair is being done in a fancy up do. My bangs are swept off my face along with the rest of my hair. I feel sort of naked without any hair on my face.

"Okay! How is everyone up in here?" Tania asks. She is wearing a black suit and a headset.

"Good, is everything going okay?" Melissa asks her.

"Of course child! I am a great wedding planner, don't you worry. Where is the bride?"

I raise my hand, "Here"

She smiles, "You look great." She leans on my ear, "Your groom wanted you to read this before you walk the aisle," she whispers. It is a white envelope with my name on it in cursive.

My hair is done and the make-up artist does her work. I see everyone getting ready on the mirror. My mom is wearing her red V-neck dress with her hair to the side. Kayla and Melissa are wearing short tight dresses with a bun. Samantha has a long sleeve dress that tights around her knees and Christina has a long dress with her hair in an afro. 

They all look beautiful.

"Okay, you are done."

My mom comes to me and helps me get into the dress. After a long 10 minutes, I finally got in the dress!