44

I want to mention few of my sweet readers who continuously posted me in my stories/DM to update the next chapter. KhushbooYadav991 thank you for re-reading the entire story and posting your valuable comments. It means a lot to me, I read your every comment.

NishaMaa7 Thank you for your continuous messages on my Insta page and wattpad for reminding me that I am due for another update.

Rick

I wake up with what feels like a violent start, my head feels as heavy as a sack, my neck creaking with effort. My whole body feels as if it has been beaten all over. Uggghhh, pain that's all I can feel now.

With lots of effort, I managed to get ready to meet the pair of brown hypnotic eyes, I could forget the whole world into it. The best part of our deal is, I can see her every day, walking in my kitchen, sleeping in my bedroom, sharing the meal. Though it's too awkward, yet my heart obliged with our little intimacy.

Oh, my heart, I spotted her near the window, holding the cup and quite lost in her thoughts. My gaze transfixed on her, drinking her alluring beauty in silence. She is absolutely beautiful, but it's not just her beauty, there's something else about her that makes her special, something about her pure heart or something about her beautiful honest eyes, but to be honest, everything about her seems beautiful to me, even her soft breathing.

Like always, she felt my gaze on her, her body became rigid and she firmly straightens her posture before she snapped her accusing eyes on me. What did I do now? The day has not even started yet.

"Hey" This is crazy, I sounded nervous. Rick Adam is nervous before the tiny delicate girl, but she is not a normal girl, she is Jen.

Jen ignored me and moved inside the kitchen. Like a lost puppy, I followed her.

She washes her cup in the basin, avoiding my presence.

"Can I get some coffee, please?" Instead of throwing orders, I decided to be polite.

Without returning her gaze to me, she simply answered. "Make yourself home" I smile at her comment, I can't understand the sudden change in my mood, I feel a way too lighter today. Like some of the heavy burdens of mine weighed off.

"Fine, are you up for another cup of coffee?" She got shocked by my response, I could tell the way her eyebrows raised in my direction, yes finally she graced me her attention.

"No, I am good" she replied sternly. Jen looks ruefully at my battered face, concern showing in her eyes. But the moment she realized I am watching her, she looks away.

"How about we go out for lunch today?" Breaking an awkward silence, I asked, but I didn't expect the response I received.

Jen walks right in front of me, her arms are tangled over her chest, her eyes spit the fire at me.

"What are you up to Mr. Adam?" Whenever Jen calls me Mr. Adam with all business, it's absurd but I find it very sexy.

"Looking for a lunch date with your Ms. Davis" her eyebrows scrunch together like she really judging me.

"I am afraid you are forgetting the whole idea of me here with you, we are not on any vacation or honeymoon Mr. Adam" My eyes flickers at her with mischievousness, I smile imagining what if...

"Honeymoon, huh?" Walking towards her, I asked looking straight into her eyes, her cheeks colored red like a beetroot. I know the way my gaze wander on her lips is intimidating. Averting her eyes from me, she fumbles with words.