53

Author's Point of View

She is trapped in a great guilt that was not even her fault. She blamed herself for thinking ill of her kid and not choosing him. Rick silently mourned for his baby boy, his and Jen's baby boy, only if he would have done right from the beginning, he could have a family. A real family for which Rick and Jen have been longing for a lifetime.

Rick wraps his arms around Jen securely, he wants her to vent out all her pain. If he would have some power, he would have traded himself in her place to take all her pain in, to release her from the guilt, and to give her a wave of peace. All he can do it right now is be with her to ease her pain.

"I am sorry," she broke into her sobs.

"You have nothing to feel sorry about"

"Didn't you hear me, what I did?" Jen tilts her head looking at Rick in disbelief.

"It was an accident, not your fault" Rick cupped her face and said softly, holding his tears but they betrayed him, hot tears covering his cheeks.

"I curse it" she paused, looking remorseful, "I wished for it" covering her face with her hands, she finished her sentence.

"But eventually you took the right decision, you decided to save him," Rick said unmasking her face. Her tormented eyes looked at him with skepticism.

"You hate me for it, aren't you?" the question broke Rick's heart, he could never hate Jen, even if she would have killed the baby, he would never blame her for it. His love for Jen is way too much over anything. He would happily die if that could help Jen.

"No, I .." Jen cut him in middle.

"That's what you said, the whole purpose of coming here is your revenge. And I so deserve it" Jen held this guilt for so long, she never forgave herself for the death of her son. It changed her, she buried her emotions and heart with that baby. Jen assumed living without love is her absolution.

"You deserve only love, not less than that" Holding Jen's face, Rick said it with intensity. Their eyes interlocked for a while before Jen decided to look away.

"I am not strong Rick, stop manipulating me." Rick couldn't believe where this conversation is heading, on the contrary, Jen is waiting for his next word to humiliate her.

"I..." A bitter smile curled on Jen's lips and Rick was lost for words.

"You Mr. Rick Adam, it's just another game for you. These sweet talks are only to put my guard down and once I do that, the next moment you will do would throw insults at me. Pointing at me how cruel mother I have been and how Milano's should not allow any mercy, they are supposed to rot in hell for their every sin." Jen's fiery eyes filled with hatred recalling every moment where Rick proved that Milano's are heartless and they deserved only hatred nothing else.

"You are right, I hated Milanos with all my heart. I grew up with anger, bitterness, resentment, insecurity, and pride, Jen. What did you expect from the little teenage boy who witnessed the fall of his family most crudely" Rick's heart hammered as he choked out words? Jen's eyes soften.

"I am not blaming you, Rick, just wanted to say that I am one of the Milano. And it seems we have it in our blood to ruin every little thing around us. It came from my father, I happened to destroy everything I touched" Her words turn angry and her tears continue to roll. Rick tried to hold her in his arms but she shoved him away.

"I was wrong to blame you for your father's deeds, it was never your fault. I was blinded by the hatred and revenge and I couldn't see it, I shouldn't have involved you in my Revenge" First time, they both were talking instead of fighting over their past. It pained Rick to remember how it all started, it killed him to watch Jen in such a terrible state. His heart went out to her and he blames himself for destroying the innocent girl into a broken one.