9

Jen

I heard the birds chirping soft, sweet sounds that sounded like music, a cold wind blowing and playing with my hair. I found myself standing at the middle of an impossibly green pasture, my nose stiff the sweet fragrance of flowers. In this freezing cold, my heart warmed with the beauty of this place. Confusingly, I looked around, what I am doing here in the middle of nowhere. I am afraid this is one of my nightmare, I am going to be attacked soon, on this thought my breathing raced up, my heartbeats are about to explode. I embraced myself in fear, no please don't hurt me.

"Sweetheart, why are you afraid?" I heard the sweet soothing voice, I turned around, searching for the voice. I know this voice, I can know from anywhere.

"Mom" my heart jumps with the happiness, happy tears filled in my eyes. I walked in the direction of the voice, I heard a rustling sound in the bush. I peered into the bushes, and there I saw her. She is wearing a white floral dress, her smile grew wide staring at me, her bright rosy cheeks and sparking eyes presenting her as most beautiful woman on the earth.

I run to embrace her hurriedly, but stumble on the wet grass, she caught me on time before I fall.

"Be careful Jen" I saw the concern in her loving eyes, I hugged her tight. I kissed her cheeks, she took me in her arms affectionately. I smiled into her embrace, the happiest moment of my life, I don't even remember when she held me last like this.

"I miss you mom" I cried outright, sobbing a great sobs, she rubbed my back slowly.

"I know sweetheart, I know" she kissed my forehead, I am longing for this love.

"What have you done to yourself Jen? I can't watch you like this" her beautiful eyes watered, I felt remorseful for causing this pain to her.

"I'm hurting mom, I can't take this pain at all, please take me with you" I pleaded, hugging her once more. Her fingers threaded through my hair, and my body is relaxing under her soft touch.

"I can't take you with me, sweetheart. You have a long life to live." I clutched her hard, shaking my head.

"No, no.. please don't leave me. I have no one to live for, I am alone." I sobbed hard, hugging her tight.

"Do you remember Jen, I used to tell you the story" Of course how could I forget, I always thought I was the princess of that fairy tail, a small smile curved into my lips.

"A prince charming came along, freed princess from her suffering and married her and they lived happily ever after." I tilt my head to look at her, I wanted to shout out loud, this is not the truth, it is just a myth.

"There is no prince charming and there is no happy ever after. I am not a kid anymore Mom, you lied to me." I screamed in agony, anger overpowered me. I regretted instantly for accusing her, but I got dumbstruck when knowing smile stretched on her lips.

"It's because you don't want to see it, if there is no prince charming then why that gentleman is waiting for you?" she pointed her finger in other direction, unknowingly my gaze followed her finger. I get a goose bumps and my eyes tear when I saw a blur figure standing afar holding flowers in his hand.

"Just allow him in Jen" Mom whispered into my ears patting my back, her eyes encouraged me to go to him, I stared briefly to my mom, few unspoken words of hesitation, her angelic smile offered peace to my soul and an energy to walk to my prince charming.

I took one slow steady step after another, afraid yet my heart wants to see him, I could see a coy smile on his face and automatically a smile spread on my lips. He stretched out his arms for me, his feature hidden behind mask but his eyes simply glowed with love, and my heart seems to know that the love in his eyes is for me alone, my slow steps quicken towards him with excitement.