3

Enjoy!!

Again a long chapter 😉😉

Jen

Since the day I returned from Richards, an unusual feeling inside me kept growing, this is absolutely absurd. I took the file and started working on it, whoever the partner, he has a valid point. It may be minor unnoticeable thing yet this could be beneficial to them.

I kept the presentation ready to email Mr. Richards, as I don't want to visit his office again especially that cabin. A simple reminder of that day creates goose bumps all over my body. I have updated Mrs. Karen about my wish, I told her they are frustrating me adding new point every week, I did my best but can't work with their unappreciated and disrespectful attitude. I thought she would be upset or will try to convince me to ignore them for the benefit of the company but she shocked me by saying.

"I have not spent a single penny of their advance, you can give this final presentation and if still they have doubt, you can take your call." I got dumbstruck with her announcement.

Eventually I sent them email and mentioned clearly about my decision, I don't want to sound rude, so I formally called Mr. Ryan Richards. He took everything nicely and assured me to revert on this within a day.

I thought to inform Mrs. Karen, I entered her cabin and found her forlornly staring at her husband's photo frame. I knocked on her door for permission, she turned at my direction and welcomed me with her tight smile, this time her smiled doesn't reach to her sorrowed eyes.

"I called Mr. Richards, he will revert by today evening" she nodded, I wanted to ask what's bothering her, why she is sad, yet I have no words. How can I emotionally comfort her when I find myself lacking there. She again noticed my hesitancy, she has a power to read my mind, I wonder how?

"I'm fine doll" she tapped lovingly on my hand to assure me, she is fine.

"I'm just missing John" she paused, she leaned forwards, buried her face in her nervous hands, I felt tug in my heart looking this beautiful soul grieving for her husband. The least I can do for her is to let her emotion out and be there to listen.

"Do you know doll, he has seen the worst phase of his life while leaving this earth, when his business fallout miserably, his every high society friend cornered him, once where he used to be a life of every party, people stopped inviting him. I tried to make him understand to ignore this as it was just a bad days but I never knew this things were eating him inside. My jewellery that only thing left with us, rest everything he lost it, some in business and some in gambling. When we lost everything, he became mute, I tried to contact his friends, so they can pay him visit which may lighten his mood but they thought I would ask for loan so they didn't even attend my calls." Anger, pain, grief,, everything visible in her voice. She titled her head and looked directly into my eyes.

"And one day he left me all alone, I was devastated, yet I didn't allow myself to break, I promised my dead husband, one day I will pay every single penny of his debts and then will throw a lavish party on his memory and invite his all so-called high society friends. I will ask each person to say something on his honor, this would be my sweet slap on their face. Hope god let me live to see that day." Tears rolled over her cheeks, she wiped it immediately.

"Doll, I think I'm getting old, sometime this old women need to talk, this helps and unfortunately you all I have. I'm sorry for boring you" She tried to crack joke, a small smile appeared on her beautiful face.

"You should have stopped me, I will talk to Ryan and will apologise on my bluntness, I'm being selfish here. Let me call him" I tried to dial his number, Mrs. Karen stopped me abruptly with scowl on her face.