21

Rick

After hours of peaceful silence, this became awkward. Jen, moved out of my arms, making a good distance with me she fumbles with her shirt and it's my clue to call the night.

"I guess, it's time to sleep" I smile awkwardly, not certain what to say in this moment. Jen nods her head without meeting my eyes. This is ridiculously insane, I feel so content at this moment with Jen that I forgot what horrendous situation took place few moments before. Taking a pillow from the bed, I hoped onto the couch adjusting myself.

"Bed is all yours, now sleep" She looks back at me with surprise look, in response I smile, she pretend to be strong, egoistic and bitchy, all the time, but actually she is still the same, my gullible girl.

Unlike her earlier response, she silently laydown covering herself self-consciously with duvet, I stare her every little movement; I tried but couldn't keep my eyes off from her. While adjusting in the duvet she turns around, facing me and her beautiful brown eyes caught me red-handedly checking her out. Despite of getting caught, my stubborn self not ready to move my gaze from her, she is immaculately beautiful, too innocent for my vicious heart.

"Good night, Rick" Her soft voice is melody to my ears, uncomfortable with our intent intimacy, she hide herself under the cover and still I couldn't tear my eyes from her.

It seems like a dream, once again she is back to my bed, in my room...hope she can see one day, that even our destiny scheming up to get us back together. Sweet dreams my love... at least one of us should get a decent night sleep, a small smile curve on my lips. Though I'm not complaining, if it could be possible, without getting tire I can spend my rest of life this way, with her...

After an hour, her hesitant breathing becomes steady, she is asleep finally. The duvet slips down from her face, as I watch her, I am in awe of her beauty and my heart squeeze in my chest, thinking how badly I missed this.. but honestly, I miss her smile most and her infectious laughter. It looks she forgot to smile...and you are the one to blame for, my subconscious hit me where it hurts.

I squirm trying to coil my body into compact shape to fit the small couch in my sleep. I fumble into something, my inner fighter gets alert, this is what I learnt from my past to be alert all the time, the image of a guy flash into my eyes, that same douchbag who tried to hurt my Jen last night, he might have came back to attack me. I hold on my breath when he push my arm, one quick motion, I flip the person down, trapping between my arms. With animal grunt, I hover over the person but I froze at my place watching timid body of Jen instead, trembling in a shock and fear. The freckle sprinkle across the bridge of her nose, the rise and fall of her chest with her speedy breath, she forces her eyes close in her defence and I feel like the world's biggest jerk for attacking her. My hard grip soften on her arms, removing my body weight from her, I gently stroke her cheek

"Are you ok? I thought those guys came back to attack.." she doesn't react, her body is still in shock.

"Jen, talk. Please, you are killing me.. I am sorry..." I am about to have panic attack, but thank god Jen responds to my plead and her eyes flutter open, she looks at me strangely, really looking at me through those eyes. I forget to breath, the way our eyesintensely interlock with each other .

"Are you ok?" I stupidly ask once again.

She weakly nod her head, nervously licking her bottom lip and my eyes run over her wet lips, I am quite busy in drooling over her that I forgot she is still trap underneath my huge body, I intercept the complaint in her hypnotic brown eyes, her body heat is so alluring that my body is not ready to leave her but with heavy heart I detach my body from her, I offer my hand to help her to get up onto her feet but as usual her stubbornness would not allow her, she slowly stretch herself and fold her hand onto her chest accusingly looking at me.