45

Rick

Where the hell are you? My mind screamed in frustration, I have looked everywhere but there's no sign of Jen. This is all your fault, my conscience yelled maliciously, you knew she is so vulnerable, yet you couldn't keep your anger to a bay. Fuck, I punched the steering wheel out of anger.

What if she has taken a lift from a creepy stranger? A suffocating dread seems to oppress me, no I won't let anything happen to her. Spinning the steering to straighten wheels, I punch the accelerator and upshift, and check out of the window, looking for a woman who would be the death of me.

It feels I have been driving for ages, totally weary and exhausted. My heart is sinking in my chest with worries, how dare she leave without my permission. I have searched every corner of this small town, yet I couldn't find her. I have been nothing but more considerate towards her and Jen had to fuck this up. Jen, you don't know what you have done, you have ruined everything. Trust me Jen, you have to pay for it, if anything happens to you because of your stupidity, I will make sure you regret the day. Not for me, but for yourself please be safe.

I need to go out of this town in search of her, after giving a thought, I have decided to check at home once before heading to the city. It's getting dark outside, I have to be quick. While I reached my porch, I feel my heart beating rapidly as I notice the light inside the home, I rush to the home like a mad man. Once I enter the house, a delicious aroma of the food-filled my nostrils, taking a lead I headed towards the kitchen and I froze at my place dumbfoundedly. Jen is cooking in the kitchen, she is wearing black leggings and an oversize sweatshirt. Her hair is tied in a messy bun atop her head, she appears to be comfortable, and even though she is not wearing any makeup, she is more beautiful than almost anyone I've ever met.

Jen glanced up when she felt my eyes on her, to my surprise instead of welcoming me with her fixed frown and dead eyes, she looks at me with warmth.

"Where have you been?" Jen asked fixing her gaze on me, I stood there dumbly and stare at her with perplexity.

"Rick" she recalled my name and I came back to my senses.

"Are you kidding me?" it came out harshly from my mouth, Jen's body stiffen. A sudden feeling of anger flashed into my mind and must have illuminated in my eyes, for she gave me one deprecating glance.

"its you who disappeared on me," my feet remotely advanced towards her, Jen moisten her lips and nervously rubs her wrists while my eyes scrutinize her every single move. "I have searched everywhere for you, worried to sick and you are asking me where I have been"

"I was here all the time" with a low tone she replied, her eyes are fixed on her wrist, avoiding the eye contact.

"And, I am not a kid" I reached to her, I am impressed with the sudden confidence in Jen, this time she didn't back off and glued to the place. Reaching out, my fingers circled her chin, forcing her to look up at me. I could see the redness in her eyes, a bit puffy like she has been crying.

"That's the problem, you are not a kid but a grownup beautiful woman." A frown flits across her face, her eyes narrowed at me. I thought I would be mad at her when I will see her again but its the other way around. I feel relief and overjoyed watching her safe and sound.

"I can take care of myself" she replied dryly.

"Of course you can" a sarcastic smile curls on my lips, her eyes lights with fire. She removed her gaze from me, and I feel distant. Inhaling her fragrance, I twirl a strand of her hair to calm my anger.

"Don't ever do this again" Jen looks at me when she noticed a plead in my voice, I stare into her eyes, I could feel her breath on my skin, our faces are so close. Holding her face between my hands, I rub my nose over her with affection while I said "Please"