17

This chapter dedicated to svmvlv insaneheadcase IamCrystal03 rabikomalshafqat cinderella-is-me

Jen

He firmly hold me in his arms, he quickly punch the button and I'm thankful when I saw no one in the elevator otherwise I would have embarrassed myself if people witnessing me in this position.

"I'm fine now, put me down I can walk" I yelp.

"Not happening" he announce smugly scooping me more into his chest, his lip curl up only on one side showing his dimple and his eyes heavy and intense, I almost melt under his hot gaze. He angles his face closer, lower down to mine. But not to my mouth, to my ear still I panic and grab a fistful of his shirt holding my breath.

"As I said I walk you to the door that means you are cage in my arms until I drop you to your room Jen" His lips brush my skin and suddenly it is too much. I shudder beneath the electricity of his touch. If we could breathe I would be able to feel his breathe against my lips, he is trying to manipulate my body in his accord, he is playing his dirty game again. I maintain my face emotionless and hard.

"You're wasting your time, use your charm on another girl as it will never work on me again Rick" Something flash in his eyes for a brief of the moment, hurt or guilt, I am unable to pick what exactly but it disappear behind his small smile which couldn't reach to his eyes.

"Trust me Jen, this sight of me is only reserve for you, for other I'm still the same ruthless sick bastard" he wink me, this meant a joke but there is an expression in his eyes which hints otherwise. Not knowing what to say, I pretend not affected by his words and to my relief the elevator door slide open on our floor.

"Finally we are here" Rick said with the fake excitement, his eyes never leave mine or actually it's me who never has courage to blink the eyes off from him. We walk to my room, the stupid smile plaster on his face makes me feel fool for allowing him to hold me, I guess my injured leg don't leave me with any option. I try to justify my reason to my head.

He stops near my room, his eyes stare me strangely, I knit my brows in confusion.

"Before you enter your room, I want to ask you something, should I?" Like he ever follows my instruction, I want to roll my eyes at his sudden mannerism.

"Like you do care for my approval? Go on, cut this short, as you can see I need a rest Rick" I said looking straight into his face, scowling and poking him in his chest. He looks at me narrowing his eyes, his arms tighten around me and he stares at me for so long, and time seems to stand still as I get lost into it. He brings his face closer to mine and kiss my forehead, putting me off guard. My breath seize in my chest, my stomach tense, fluttering with something strange yet warm. His lips stay little while there before he rest his forehead on mine, like before when he couldn't control his emotions.

"I do and you know it very well" I am too stunned to response, those dark blue eyes of his burn into me as though he can easily see into my very soul. There is sincerity in his voice and he is right, I know...I know that he does care.. but my stubborn self not ready to accept this or anything positive about this man who has ripped everything from me. Intentionally or unintentionally but he cannot change the fact that he is my destructor but the way he is looking into my eyes, my heart leaps into the sprint and my breath hitch. Bravely I push him with my hands making little distance, that's a big mistake as he take a deep sigh when my hand touch his chest. I can feel his raced up heart beats under my touch and his eyes drop to my lips, lingering there. There is quite a tension between us which is about to blast when an annoying bark rips us apart.