38

Jen

I wake up feeling light, my senses are working fine now and I am breathing again. The stroke must have been like this what I felt seeing this house, surprisingly a good sleep helped. I tried to move out of the bed but something stopped me, then I realized, this is not something but Rick's arm which wrapped around me, my head rested on his chest and I could hear the thumping of his heart clearly. His arms around my shoulder and I wondered how perfectly I fit into him. I tilt my head and my eyes halts on his face, it's dark outside but enough moonlight shining through the window to see his sleeping feature closely, he is sleeping soundly and peacefully. I keep listening to his rhythmic breathing and my eyes glued to his face, he is the most pleasant sight. Rick, why everything is so complicated? I thought we made progress during our project but.... Why you had to know about our unborn child? Your action always giving me mixed signals about what you want? I accepted your deal because this Jen is not at all that gullible girl what she used to be. Hope this will end soon, I can't tolerate your presence in my life, you brought back all of the pain with that I hardly survived last time.

Slowly I tried to pull myself without disturbing his sleep, it seems more I try, he pulls me more closer. His body is tense as he holds me, as if he is expecting someone to rush in and try to hurt me, or for me to disappear or something. He is possessively holding me, the frown line appears over his forehead and that makes my heart feel estrange things. My hand remotely reaches up to his hairline and my fingers start stroking his forehead soothingly. He relaxes to my touch and unknowingly a smile curl to my lips. A thought snapped me, What the hell are you doing? Abruptly I pulled back, jumping at my side and before I knew what's happening, I found myself pinned beneath Rick. He growls and his eyes darkened, he is breathing heavily and I lost the count of my breaths. Dumbstruck I stare him, his grip on me tighten as he spoke with the gritted teeth.

"What the hell were you doing?" I don't know how to respond.

"I could have hurt you in my sleep damn woman, don't ever do this again" Rick's eyes are still blazing with anger.

"I was just trying to get off myself from you" I retort with the same passion, I won't let him intimidate me.

"What do you mean? I was not holding you" he instantly replied not buying it at all.

"Yes, you are Mister, now just get off from me." I tried to push him away but he doesn't budge, I starts hitting his arms in frustration.

"Stop behaving like a kid, Jen" he snarls, I am breathless and annoyed to death. His grip loosens as he rolled off from me. I caress my arms, I am sure he left bruises on it.

"Did I hurt you?" after pacing in a room for a while, he asked hesitantly. His eyes concernedly scan me and the look of remorse appears as he spots the bruises.

"I am sorry Jen" he shrugs his shoulder in the air.

"You still freak out in your sleep" it came out not as a statement but a question. I reckoned the same few incidents of our past.

"I didn't freak out, it just survival instance, you know." I shook my head, Rick is trying to avoid my eyes because I caught him.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes.

"But my question stands still, why were you touching me?" And this is my time to freak out.

"I was not touching you" I yell at him.

"I thought I forced you in this but you seem more desperate for it." Stepping near to me, he bends to have eye contact with me.

"Rick"

"See, no Mr. Adam" he sneers at me, making me uncomfortable.

"You don't have to jest about it, I didn't touch you and I have no desire for you at all. Do you get it?" Nearly out of control I shouted at him.