39

Jen

I am furious, disgruntled, humiliated, mad, and hurt with Rick's behavior. His arrogance is on the peak, how dare he called me in 20m to have dinner with him like he is the dictator of my life, Are you serious? I want nothing more than to hurt him as he had hurt me. This one month with Rick is going to be the worst traumatic experience of life, fill with a great deal of hurt, humiliation, discomfort and regrets.

A soft knock on the door interrupted my train of thoughts, Gosh! he is coming, I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep to avoid talking to him.

"Jen, I asked you to come in 20 minutes?" I could feel Rick looking at me with a big scowl, I tried to be calm as much as I can. There's silence for a few minutes, my mind starts muddling, has he gone. I couldn't sense him moving until he reached very close to me, a sudden, inexplicable sense of anticipation filled me.

I stayed perfectly still, trying to master my own pulse, my own heartbeat. But, even with my eyes closed, I could feel his eyes on me, studying me, his breaths on my face are hot. The heat of him, made my breath quicken. His breathing moved from my face to my neck, I could feel him leaning over me, sniffing my hair and lips slowly parted over my earlobes. But before he could touch my skin, panic made my eyes flash open.

"What are you doing?" I swiftly move my body away from him, disgusted with this situation. I glance over at him with fierce, my breath embarrassingly fast now.

"It seems playtime is over, ready for dinner" Rick straighten himself, not even looking at me, he said casually as nothing happened a moment ago.

"You better stay away from me, Rick" I have to say something, I couldn't let him throw his orders on me.

Finally, gracing his glance to me with a crook half-smile, he raised his brow.

"I am serious, don't touch me." Shooting him an angry glare I warned him, in return his lips curl into mocking half smile. His calm and reckless attitude is getting into my nerves.

"Don't touch you, this will kill the whole purpose of coming here, isn't it" He winked at me boyishly, this sight of Rick could make any girl's heart flutter but not me, not anymore. I clench my jaw in annoyance, I have no comeback to wipe away his stupid arrogant smirk from his face.

Suddenly, he grabs my hand and pulls me into his embrace, I gasp in a shock, my mouth dropping open in a heavy breath, the proximity between us tormenting me crudely.

"Back off, Rick"

"Why are you so angry, Ms. Davis. I haven't done anything to you... at least for now" he said innocently, I roughly pushed him away. I saw a little hurt in his eyes but immediately it vanishes, and he grins widely raising his hands above.

"This is getting little interesting, but we need to cut it short to have dinner" I am too tired for this right now, exasperatedly I walk ahead of him, shoved the door open and slammed it behind him.

Surprisingly, the food smells good and my stomach seems to tie itself in a little noisy knot. Rick has already placed the food in a table, I platter some on my plate without waiting for Rick.

My body stiffens as I feel his body towering over me.

"Wait" he stops me in between. I stare at him with a straight face, he rushed to the kitchen and came with a bottle of red wine. Instantly, my heart thumped in my chest, is he planning again to slip something into my drink. I couldn't hide my suspicious in my expression, immediately Rick seems to catch it.

"Red wine will cool your nerves and help you to sleep peacefully." Rick passes the bottle and glass to me and pulls his chair to deposit himself.

Taking his food on his plate, he glances back at me with the same poise.