Chapter 4

*****

*****

"The drive has a Level Six homing program," I inform Steve as we stand in the Apple Store in disguise, trying to figure out what is on the flash drive. "So as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D. will know exactly where we are."

"How much time will we have?" Steve asks me. 

"About nine minutes from..." I plug the flash drive into a computer. "Now." I look at what pulls up on the computer. "This drive is protected by some sort of AI. It keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?"

"Of course I can," I smirk. "I'm a genius," He snorts at that. "You read my file, Capsicle. I am. Though from the looks of it, I think I might only be able to find out where the drive came from."

"Can I help you guys with anything?" We both look up to the man with long hair that works here. 

"No," I make sure that the man can't see the computer screen. "We're getting married so we're just looking at destinations."

"Right," He places a hand on my hip, taking me a little off guard. 

"Where are you guys thinking about going?" The man asks us. 

Steve looks at the computer screen and what destination pops up. "New Jersey."

"Oh," The man huffs. "I have the exact same glasses."

"Maybe your twins," I unenthusiastically say. 

"Yeah, I wish," He chuckles. "If you guys need anything, I am Aaron."

"New Jersey?" I cock an eyebrow at Steve the instant the man leaves. 

"Come on," He pushes for me to hurry up with getting the exact location. 

"You know it?" I ask him when it does. 

"I used to," He responds. "Let's go," He grabs my hand, taking the drive out with his other. He leads me out of the store, stealthily examining our surroundings. "Standard tac team. Two behind, two across, and two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro."

"Pretend your laughing at something I said," I order him, guiding his arm to wrap around me. 

"What?"

"Do it," I say sternly before he laughs. The two men coming toward us walk right past us. 

I lead him to the escalator but I spot Rumlow coming up as we go down. I turn around to face Steve. I don't even think about it as I instantly place my hands on the sides of his face and pull him into a kiss. His hands find their way to my hips and he actually pulls me toward him more. 

"What was that for?" He asks after I pull away. 

"So we didn't blow our cover," I start to walk down the escalator. "And I've been wanting to do that for a while."