Chapter 10

*****

*****

"Uh, about time," Hill exasperates as I walk up to where she stands with Tony, Thor, and James Rhodes aka War Machine. She is wearing a red dress like me but more "professional" than "party." My more crimson-red, long-sleeve dress fits tightly around my body, stopping mid-thigh as it accentuates my subtle curves.  "I was getting sick of being the only lady."

"Little Crimson isn't a lady," Tony points out. 

"I can still kick your ass and be a lady," I retort before looking around. "Great party, though."

"Thanks," He says. 

"Where's Pepper and Jane?" I ask Tony and Thor curiously. "Haven't seen Pepper in ages and haven't met Jane yet."

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run," Tony explains. 

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in," Thor says. "Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer."

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth," Tony adds, making me roll my eyes at how immature these two men are. "It's pretty exciting."

"There's even talk of Jane getting a Nobel Prize," Thor also adds. 

"I bet they would hate miss you guys together," I remark sarcastically. 

"Testosterone," Hill coughs, making me chuckle before she leaves with Rhodes. 

"You look beautiful, my lady," Thor compliments me, ending his "trying to one-up" session with Tony. 

"Thank you, Thor," I smile at him. 

"Yeah, I've never seen you wear red lipstick," Tony tells me. 

"I started to last year," I say, thinking of the comment Steve gave me when we were hiding out at Sam's house in D.C. before we ran into Bucky. 

"Red definitely catches the eye of a certain Captain," Tony nods at something past me. I turn around, looking up at the second floor and spotting Steve leaning on the railing. We lock eyes as I bite my lip. I pretend to be unfazed by how hot he looks tonight, turning my back to him. "Excuse me, boys, I'm parched."

"Jane's better," I faintly hear Thor tell Tony as I make my way to the bar where my sister is "bartending." 

"What can I get ya?" She asks me after I come to a stop in front of her. "Aperol Spritz?"

"How'd you know my favorite drink?" I pretend to be shocked. 

"I'm a pretty good older sister," She grins already in the process of making my drink. "Who happens to know that a dashing Super Soldier can't take his eyes off of you."

"Yeah?" She nods, handing me my made drink. "Good," I take a sip of it, not looking behind me. 

"Playing hard to get?" She cocked an eyebrow. "A year not long enough for you?"