Chapter 24

*****

*****

Yelena helps me get out of the crashing-down Red Room. Natasha stayed behind to save the files of the Black Widows around the world. I look up, noticing Dreykov trying to escape on a jet. 

"I'm sorry," I tell Yelena before pushing her off of me. I run toward the jet, my wound bandaged up and healing quickly than a normal human because I took the second serum. I jump onto the wing of the jet. 

"Ana!" I look at Nat, who is now standing beside Yelena. "Don't do it!" 

I lift up the batons in my hand, connecting them. I then look at my sisters. I may die doing this but I can't let Dreykov escape. "Tell Steve that I kept my promise! Ya lyublyu vas moi sestry (I love you, my sisters.)!" 

I still the long, connected baton into the propeller, breaking it. The explosion makes me fly back, off of the edge. I close my eyes as I begin to fall to the ground, my hair going crazy. But I feel peace knowing that I killed Dreykov. Even if I never see Nat and Yelena or Steve or James again, I'm fine. I have taken my step forward, moving on from my past. I have become stronger and if I die feeling like this, so be it. 

However, I feel someone grab onto me. I open my eyes, seeing Nat wrapping her body around me as she hooks a parachute onto my back. I see Yelena beside us with a parachute on her. They detach at the same time and I make sure to hold Nat as we float in the air. I notice her see something past me. I turn my head to see Antonia. 

"No!" I yell when she pushes and lets go of me. 

I observe her fall to the ground, going after Antonie. I curse that this parachute doesn't land faster as she fights Dreykov's daughter. They land on the ground first, continuing to fight. 

The first instant my feet hit the ground, I take off the parachute. I run to where Nat is fighting Antonia. I see the antidote on the ground and I jump, not having enough time to continue running. I punch it with my gloved hand, the antidote going into the air. I stand up, in between Nat and Antonia. I catch the taller woman before she falls to the ground, resting her head gently on it. 

"I'm sorry," I apologize to her. 

"I'm sorry, too," Nat says, crawling to the other side of Antonia. 

"Is he gone?" She asks. 

"He's gone," I nod. 

I help Nat to her feet before we go look for Yelena. I see the blonde hair on the ground, running toward it while Nat follows. We kneel down, making sure she's okay.