Chapter 30

*****

*****

I bring the vest Yelena had given Nat to my chest as I sit on my sister's bed. I hold it tight, the tears still drying on my face. I bring it up to my face as if I could try and smell her but it's been washed. I inhale and exhale deeply, resenting the fact she didn't wear it after she washed it. 

"Chert tebya poderi (Damn you)," I mutter. 

I put the vest on over my black suit. I turn my head to the right and see the picture of Nat and me when we were on the run. It's a picture of us on a rollercoaster at Walt Disney World. She was screaming at the top of her lungs and I was laughing at her the entire time. I smile softly at the memory, remembering how amazing it felt to spend quality time with my sister. 

You are the strongest person I know, I hear her words repeat in my head over and over. And I have you, mladshaya sestra (little sister).

I wipe the dry tears off of my face, coming to a conclusion. I stand up confidently, zipping up the vest. I tie up my long, red hair into a ponytail before I exit Nat's bedroom. I walk down the hall until I emerge outside. I spot Steve, Tony, Bruce, and Thor on the dock talking. I make my way to them and they all turn to look at my approaching figure. 

"We're going to make her death worth it," I state matter of factly. 

~~~~~

I stare at the new-made gauntlet made out of Tony's iron fist and the six Infinity Stones. The stones that caused my sister to lay her life down for the greater good. 

"All right, the glove's ready," Rocket informs us all. "Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?"

"I'll do it," Thor offers. 

"Excuse me?" Tony looks at him incredulously because the god is definitely in no condition to do so. 

"We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet," Steve tells Thor. 

"I'm sorry, we're just all sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor questions. 

"We should at least discuss it," Scott says. 

"Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back," Thor points out. "I'm the strongest Avenger, so this responsibility falls upon me."

"Not anymore, especially in your new...condition," I tell him before reaching into my vest and taking out the third injection. "I can do it."

"Absolutely not," Steve says. "Those stones almost killed Thanos. You are not putting that thing on."

"I have to!" I exclaim. "For him and her-For them," I quickly fix. 

"Him?" He crosses his arms over his chest. 

"For everybody," I say. 

"You said you wouldn't let him come in between us," He reminds me. 

"I'm not."