Chapter 42

*****

*****

I sit at the bar, drinking an Aperol Spritz as Sam and Zemo sit on the couch in Zemo's home. I think about how I astral projected, figuring out a way that I can control it. My thoughts are interrupted when James enters the living room, taking off his jacket. 

"Something's not right about Walker," He says, making his way to the bar and ignoring me. 

"You don't say," Sam remarks. 

"Well, I know a crazy when I see one," James says, grabbing a bottle off the bar and pouring himself a drink. "Because I am crazy."

"James," I say softly, hoping he will look at me. 

"Shouldn't have given him the shield," He ignores me, talking to Sam. 

"I didn't give him the shield," Sam says, standing up from the couch. 

"Steve definitely didn't," I place my drink on the bar as James speaks. 

I turn my head to the front door when John kicks it open, stepping inside with Lemar. "That's it, let's go," He says and I stand up. "I'm now ordering you to turn him over," He points at Zemo. 

"Slow your roll," Sam begins, walking up to John. "Shield or no shield, the only thing you're runnin' in here is your mouth. I had Karli and you overstepped. He's actually proven himself useful today."

"We're gonna need all hands on deck for whatever's coming next," I add. 

"How do you want the rest of this conversation to go?" John asks mainly to Sam. "Should I put down the shield? Make it fair?" He puts it down. 

I'm about to angrily hit him but someone swings a spear, hitting the wall right next to John. I turn my head, recognizing the woman as part of the Dora Milaje in Wakanda. Two more enter through the front door, speaking to James in Wakandan. 

"Release him to us now," One of them says in English, demanding for us to turn in Zemo. 

"Hi, John Walker," John introduces himself to them. "Captain America," I almost gag at that. "Let's put down the pointy sticks and we talk this through, huh?"

"Take it easy," Sam tells him. "You might wanna fight Bucky before you tangle with the Dora Milaje."

"They don't have jurisdiction here," John says, looking at the women warriors. 

"The Dora Milaje have jurisdiction wherever the Dora Milaje find themselves to be," The same woman says, making me smirk. I always was fond of them for a reason. 

"Look," John chuckles. "I think we got off on the wrong foot," She hits him with her spear, kicking him back into a wall. 

"Been dying to do that," I mutter to myself. I walk back to the bar, grabbing my Aperol Spritz to drink while all of the women fight John and Lemar. I notice James walking up to one of the women, grabbing her spear with his vibranium arm before she can kill John.