Chapter 20

*****

*****

Nat and I take the elevator instead of the spiral suitcase to the floor of the apartment building we stayed in with Clint on one of our first missions. I feel my foot tap against the floor, a little nervous about seeing Yelena after all of this time. 

We exit the elevator when it opens, walking to a secret tiny door where we left two guns just in case we ever needed them. I place mine inside of my crimson red leather jacket as she puts hers in her black one. Nat then begins to see if the apartment door is unlocked. 

"I know you two are out there," We hear the Russian accent belonging to Yelena. 

"We know you know we're out here," I say before opening the door myself. 

I lift up my gun, walking inside with Nat on my tail. We begin slowly and vigilantly making our way further inside of the apartment. 

"Then why are you skulking about like it's a minefield?" Yelena asks. 

"Maybe because we don't know if we can trust you," I suggest. 

"Funny," She chuckles. "I was gonna say the same thing."

"So are we gonna talk like grown-ups?" Nat questions before we are faced with our little sister in the living room. 

"Is that what we are?" Yelena asks her. "Put them down before I make you."

"You can try," I tell her. 

We all end up switching guns, having been trained the same we fight similarly. Yelena knocks Nat's gun out of her hands but that move lets me knock Yelena's gun away. Yelena ducks my blow, kicking Nat to the side. I dodge her blow and throw her onto the kitchen counter. She hits me in the head with a plate, making me fumble backward. Nat attacks, getting tied up in a rag and thrown into the door, hitting hard on the floor. 

"Ugh!" I grunt as I drag Yelena by her ankle. 

She kicks at me but has no luck. But when she grabs a knife off of the table and swings at me, I jump back and let go of her. She kicks me into the counter right as Nat wraps a curtain around her neck, making her fly back. Yelena spins, wrapping the other side around Nat's neck. They fall to the floor, choking each other. 

"Guys," I say, walking into the other room they're in. "Rebyata ostanovites' (Guys, stop)!" I shout. 

They let go of each other, standing up and unwrapping the curtain from their necks. Nat and I follow Yelena into the kitchen and the young woman gets a bottle of vodka and a shot glass. 

"You had to come to Budapest, didn't you?" Nat huffs. 

"I came here because I thought you guys wouldn't," Yelena says. "But since you're here, what bullet does that?"

"Not bullets," I answer after looking back at the arrow-shaped holes in the wall. "Arrows."

"You didn't think we'd come here, why'd you send us this?" Nat questions as she places the vials on the table.