Chapter 29

*****

*****

A/N: I'm so sorry about this chapter. Rewatching the movies to write this makes it even harder to think she's gone. Anyway, you know what's about to happen so good luck! Don't forget to comment and vote!!!

~~~~~

Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. One-shot to see everyone again. To see James again even he doesn't remember me. He'll be back. He'll be alive. 

"You know your teams. You know your missions," Steve tells us as we stand in a circle on the machine Smart Hulk created to enter the quantum realm. "Get the stones. Get them back. No mistakes, no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know but we don't know what to expect. Be careful," I smile up at him from where I stand in between him and Nat. "This is the fight of our lives and we're gonna win."

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket comments. 

"Right?" Scott agrees. 

I quickly grab Steve's hand for a quick second, squeezing it and smiling at him. He looks down at me and smiles too. 

"I love you," I mouth. 

"I love you, too," He mouths back. 

"Come on, lovebirds," Nat teases, nudging me to let go of his hand and get ready. She smiles at everyone. "See ya in a minute." 

The mask from our white and red suits covers our faces before we're sucked into the quantum realm. 

~~~~~

Nat and I walk up the mountain on Vormir. I look back at her as she pants really loudly out of breath. 

"What?" She locks eyes with me. "Not all of us were injected with incredible power. I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain."

"He's technically not a raccoon," I point out. 

"Whatever," She huffs. "He eats garbage."

"Welcome," We both turn around, Nat lifting up her gun as I lift up my hands, ready to use my power. "Natasha. Anastasia. Daughters of Ivan."

"Who are you?" Natasha asks the man whose hood covers his face. 

"Consider me a guide to you and to all who seek the Soul Stone," The mysterious man responds. 

"Tell us where it is and we'll be on our way," I tell him. 

"If only it were that easy," He says, stepping outside of the shadows to reveal his red skull-like face. He walks toward the edge of the cliff of the mountain. "What you seek lies in front of you. As does what you fear."

I look over the edge. "The stone's down there."

"For one of you," I look at Red Skull confused. "For the other... In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love," My entire body freezes at those words. "An everlasting exchange," I turn my head to lock eyes with my sister. "A soul for a soul."