16. Salted Caramel

'Cause I'm the only one to get you

The only one to figure you out

You're place that I can go to

A face I couldn't live without

And nobody sees what we do

Don't need anybody else around

No matter what they told us

Gravity won't hold us down

~ Ella Eyre

Chapter sixteen. Salted Caramel

Leo was right we couldn't stay in the house, not after what had happened and what I had told Leo.

We ended up staying in a hotel, and it wasn't just a fancy hotel room, we managed to get the penthouse suite instead of the honeymoon suite, mainly because all the honeymoon suites were booked up and the manager didn't want two newlyweds who were expecting a baby, to have a plain room. So we got the pent house instead. It was a lot more efficient for us as well because Leo and I didn't want to go down to the restaurant and eat, we could just order room service and eat at the penthouse dining table.

Yesterday, as soon as we cleared up the bedroom a bit, since the room had multiple pieces of glass all over the floor; we started packing our suitcases. Leo was like a ninja, chucking all my clothes in my suitcase and not even letting me pack away my underwear. He did everything and he didn't even let me do nothing. He was badly paranoid and the fact that he hadn't uttered a single word while he packed had annoyed me.

Whoever this person was, they could ruin my sanity and dignity for all I cared but if they tried to ruin my marriage, there was no way that I was going to let that happen at all. Leo and I had worked way too hard to be together and all our hard work wasn't going to be thrown away, I just couldn't let that happen.

The hotel that we had decided to spend the rest of our honeymoon was quite near to Leo's grandparents' house apparently, half an hour away to be exact. Well it made sense since Leo had drove for hours just to get to the North of Italy, and that was where his grandparents resides, last night and it was a wonder how he was exhausted. I did offer to drive but he wouldn't have it. Although I was still shook up, I cared my about my husband's wellbeing than my own.

The bed that we had shared wasn't as comfortable as the bed back in the house, it was hard and the pillows weren't as comfy. I wasn't sure if that was because I couldn't get any sleep at night and everything had managed to piss me off, even the way that Leo had his arms around me all night. His loud snoring also bothered me and I couldn't do anything but endure it all night.

I stared at the purple wall straight ahead from me, with different looking pictures hanging up. The pictures were probably just for decoration so they didn't look homely at all. They were nothing but an attraction to make the plain purple wall look better.

I sunk back into the bed and threw the covers back on me, bored out of my mind. It was only nine o'clock in the morning and Leo was already awake. Due to us having to register in the hotel, by now half of Italy knew that Leo and I were in the country and for the last three hours Leo's iPhone hasn't stopped ringing at all. He had been talking for hours and hours about business and loans and whatever else he had to talk about. I really couldn't be bothered to listen in on the conversations since he yelled, shouted, and talked really loudly in Italian, it was like Mario and Luigi were pissing him off for being created... even though they were created by Japanese people.

"You know what, I'll be there!" Leo shouted, in English, making me jump out of my skin. I watched as he ended the phone call and slammed his phone town onto a table. His back was turned to me and he was shirtless and only wearing black boxers, and that was it. I could tell he was annoyed and angry due to the way that the muscles in his back were tensed tightly. He groaned softly and dragged a hand through his hair, and turned back around and stared at me in shock.