34. Complications Part 1

No limit in the sky
That I won't fly for ya
No amount of tears in my eyes
That I won't cry for ya, oh no
With every breath that I take
I want you to share that air with me
There's no promise that I won't keep
I'll climb a mountain, there's none too steepWhen it comes to you
There's no crime
Let's take both of our souls
And intertwine
When it comes to you
Don't be blind
Watch me speak from my heart
When it comes to you

~ David Guetta feat Justin Beiber

"You're having my baby," Leo sang to my stomach, over and over again, for the last hour.

"You're having my baby," he sang again, and it had become very clear that those were the only words of the song that he knew. He hummed and sang the same four words over and over, as he caressed my huge bump, which now looked like I had swallowed a beach ball.

"You-"

"Sing those four words again and you will find my hairbrush shoved so far up your ass, that you can't get it back out!" I threatened, staring at Leo in disgust.

"Woah, chill Leah, I'm just happy that you-"

"Yes, I know, having your baby," I said, putting emphasis on the word your.

"Seriously, bella you need to chill, I know you're frustrated, hot and bothered but you really need to relax," Leo chuckled as he caressed my stomach once again.

"That's easy for you to say, I'm literally melting in the heat and it's not fully summer yet!" I whined, flicking a strand of my hair away.

Leo didn't reply verbally, instead, he continued to rub my stomach with affection. It was times like these that I treasured. Leo relaxed, spending a few moments with me before he went to work to get stressed and tired.

"What do you think it looks like?" I wondered out loud, not knowing whether Leo would answer my question or not.

"Well... it's obvious that it will have dark hair," Leo surprised me by answering, he had always said that he didn't want to talk too much about the baby, just in case nothing went smoothly.

Leo walked out of the walk in closet and finished off his tie that was hanging loosely around his neck.

"Yeah, if it comes out blonde that will be-"

"That wouldn't happen, the dark hair gene is dominant," Leo cut me off with a raised eyebrow, as well.

"Oh okay, smarty pants," I laughed lightly.

"It's just common sense Leah, and beside why would it have blonde hair. Are you a natural blonde?" he asked as he sat down on the bed, near my legs.

"You know I'm not."

"Well then it won't come out blonde... as for eyes, there's a fifty percent chance of it having blue or green eyes," Leo said as he stared deeply into my eyes.

"I hope he has your eyes," I whispered.

"He?" Leo asked, staring intensely at me as if I had just done something illegal. I hadn't realised what I had said or why I had said it.

"I mean, it, sorry-"

"Leah, can I ask you a question and can you and can you please answer honestly for me," Leo said, he wasn't asking, he was commanding me.

"Yes."

"Do you still mourn for the child that we lost?"

The look on my face must have told Leo everything I was feeling and may have given away the answer to his question. That was a question I had not expected him to ask me, without any warning whatsoever. How could he ask me that so direct and abruptly?