3. Alone

Cause there are these nights when
I sing myself to sleep
And I'm hopin' my dreams
Bring you close to me
Are you listening?

~ Kelly Clarkson

UNEDITED!

****

Chapter three. Alone

Leo had been framed for Raphael's murder...

That was all I could think about as I drove home. What he had said didn't make any sense at all. Leo had never told me the full story of what had happened on that day exactly. All I knew was that he had left me in the morning to kill is brother and when I did find Leo, I found him nearly on the brink of death with a dead Raphael lying down near him.

I assumed the worst of course. I had assumed that Leo had taken yet another life, but really he hadn't. This was honestly not making any sense at all to me.

Who would want to frame Leo? Who held a grudge against him? What had Leo done to deserve being framed? What did I do, to deserve being away from my husband, especially in my condition?

So many questions were running amongst in my head and I really couldn't think of the answers. Even though I was pretty good at coming up with theories, my theories weren't enough to prove that Leo was being framed. There was only his evidence and that was it, as well as the crime scene evidence. On top of being charged with Raphael's murder Leo was also charged with drug trafficking and other people's deaths. Where exactly had the police found all of that out?

Leo had made me promise to believe him and I of course believed him. I did have a feeling that he didn't kill Raphael, but I wasn't sure. Leo always made threats that he would kill him, even after he Raphael kidnapped me for the first time. Was this all a dream, or was it actually happening?

I sighed as I came up to the turning for the street that Leo and I lived on but yet I didn't feel like going home. I needed to be around people and I really needed to see my parents in law.

Turning in the opposite direction, I started making my way to Leo's parents' house.

They needed to know that Leo was innocent in all of this; Rosa needed to know that Leo didn't kill her son. I found it frustrating that Rosa refused to talk to Leo, she practically hates him for 'killing' her second son. Even though she knew very well what he did to me and how he treated me, she still said that he was her son and that he should be forgiven for all his wrongs. I had no choice but to respect her wishes, however I didn't think she was right at all.

If Leo was innocent, Rosa, Ricardo and Leo's siblings needed to stand by him and support him and also help him to clear his name.

I had a small feeling that Rosa still wouldn't believe me or Leo and this was because Leo had a reason for wanting to kill Raphael. He had a motive. If he said that he didn't kill him, then why exactly had he gone to him then? Nothing was adding up, and the only way to fix the solution was to hear what had exactly happened. I needed to see Leo one more time before his court case for bail. I was just hoping that he had at least booked another visit for this week.

*

It felt weird arriving at my parents in laws home, without Leo. I felt as if I wasn't welcomed there because of what Leo had done. Even though I hadn't committed a crime or anything like that I was still the wife of a murderer. I was still the wife of the most feared man in all of London and possibly Italy, as well.

What I didn't understand was the fact that Leo had been charged with other people's deaths as well. Leo was a gangster, it was part of him to carry out the deeds that need handling, and it wasn't his fault that he needed to do them.