38. Three men and a baby

Leo

"What could be so hard, he just sleeps."

What started out well, soon crumbled... pretty much the story of my life.

"I regret what I said, your child is a ticking time bomb Leo! He's worse than you when you were a child!" Angelo shouted over Luca's constant screams.

"How do you turn him off!"

"Feed him!"

"Change him!"

"Do something-"

"I'm f*cking trying!" I roared. As it turned out, Luca wouldn't even stop when I yelled at my loudest. It was as if he was immune to my shouts and yells. It was as if my baby boy was the boss and we were the ones who were meant to bow down to him.

"He is f*cking awful, he's nothing like Leah, he's worse!" Don groaned, still standing in the furthest corner of the room, trying to get away from the noise. I ignored Don's insult at my wife as I had to agree with him sometimes, Leah could be a giant pain in my f*cking arse but I still loved her nonetheless.

The first hour of looking after Luca went really well, all did was sleep as Angelo bad pointed. As soon as the second hour passed, it was like I was looking after a completely different baby! He refused to drink from the bottle, even though it was breast milk in there. Every time I tried to put him down, he screamed bloody murder which confused me because he screamed and cried, twice as much when I held him. I was surprised how he had so  much energy and was not even tired from his crying state.

"Should we call Leah?" Angelo asked, nursing his head in pain.

"NO!" I barked out. If she came back early, there would be no way that she would ever leave Luca again.

Angelo groaned and shot evils at the screaming baby. I had come to the conclusion that it was dangerous if the other two were to hold him. Don had nearly dropped the poor baby after his first round of screaming. Luca had become a living parcel, as we had passed him along between the three of us, each attempting to comfort him.

After what seemed like the longest five minutes of my life, Angelo jumped up to his feet and smiled widely.

"I have an idea!"

"It better not be anything stupid," Don grunted, moving closer to the three of us. He kept his distance from Luca, his mouth pulling into a grimace. Looks like these two would not get on in the future.

"Leo do you have any videos of Leah, like her voice or anything?" Angelo asked.

I shrugged, handing him my phone, unlocking it for him in the process.

I watched intensely as Angelo scanned through the photo album, his eyes widening at some of the pictures on there, I couldn't think to remember what was on there as I rarely took any pictures.

"AHA!"

Before I could open my mouth, I heard the soft angelic voice of my wife speaking.

"I love you Luca, so so much. I want you to stay this small forever, holding you close in my arms..."

It was as if by magic, Luca had stopped crying. He was silent, listening to his mother's soothing words. Shock radiated in the air, as both Don and Angelo had a look of pure surprise on their faces.

"Well that's solved our problem."

I never thought I would ever say, let alone think this but I was getting really irritated listening to Leah's voice, over and over on repeat. I wanted to turn off the damn video but I couldn't because every time that it stopped, Luca started his screaming rage again. It had only happened a few times, but when my phone's battery died it was the worse.