4. Happy

Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

~ Pharrell Williams 

UNEDITED!

_____

Chapter four. Happy

I stared at the amazing tight dresses on the racks of clothes. There were so amazing and full of detail, bold colours and so alluring... Too bad I would be way too fat to even fit in them now and even later in the months.

This baby really was going to ruin things for me, especially if clothing was involved.

It had started to worry me that soon I would literally have a big bulging stomach. Right now the bump was small and I noticeable unless someone hugged me or was literally right in front of me and staring down at the bump. I just couldn't help but think of the amount of stretch marks that I would get, not all pregnant women got stretch marks which also made me wonder how they prevented that. I for one was so sure that stretch marks would appear on my stomach, and then the nightmare would begin to try and make them go away.

There was something wrong with me, I was worrying about stretch marks when I wasn't even sure who the baby's father was. I wasn't even sure if the baby was in good health, since I hadn't even gone for a scan. I needed to sooner or later because then I would have to book a paternity test for Leo and myself.

Even if the baby wasn't Leo's would he still treat it like it was his own child? Or would he be cold and harsh towards it? There was nothing worse than being a father to a child that wasn't yours, but yet Leo wouldn't be the baby's father he would be its uncle, if he wasn't the actual biological father. That was still some relative relation right?

I tried to put myself in Leo's shoes, and if I was him, I would be really anxious and scared to a certain extent.

Shrugging off my thoughts, I moved away from the rails of beautiful tight fitting dresses, and headed off to the maternity section. They did have some pretty, nice clothes there since it was nearly the beginning of November, only a few more days to go. The clothing that they had in autumn was nice but since Christmas was coming up, they always put out dresses and clothes that I knew I wouldn't be able to wear in a few months.

The mannequins that were on display were quite insulting. They had fake bumps and they were dressed in the clothes that pregnant women would where, well clothes that I would wear. I stared at one of the mannequins, it was dressed in a stripy pink top that overstretched on the bump, I could tell that the jeans it was wearing were the maternity type, and it did look like a nice outfit just not something that a mannequin should wear. I glared at the mannequin and sighed heavily as I walked past it, and towards a shelf sort of thing, that was stocked with leggings. I definitely did need new pairs of leggings.

I didn't mind going out shopping on my own, it gave me time to think and also it was better if I was out and about instead of being cooped up at home. I had learned to be alone; it was just a lot better that way. I didn't have Lia whining in my ear, or Theresa complaining that Ric wanted kids and she didn't, I didn't have April talking endlessly about her Barbie wedding with Don.

A week after Leo had been arrested, April and Don had started planning their wedding. I found it quite surprising that they could just drop everything and head off to start planning their wedding when Leo was locked up, and my wedding had literally just happened. At first I didn't know what to think of it, but April told me that she wanted to get married as soon as possible, but now I knew it was only because she didn't care about Leo and she too, believed that he had murdered his brother.