31. Struggles

And oh! I'm into you, and girl, no, one else would do,
'Cause with every kiss and every hug,
You make me fall in love,
And now I, no I can't be the only one,
I bet his heart's all over the world tonight,
With the love of his life who feel
What I feel when I'm with you, with you, with you, with you, with you girl,
With you, with you, with you, with you, with you

~ Chris Brown

The days were getting longer as the end of March was approaching. Sooner or later my days of being pregnant would come to an end as I just had a little over two months till I met my precious baby.

I wanted to say that the whole experience was enjoyable but it wasn't. Not because of what Dante had done to make my life a living hell for the past four months but because of the constant worrying I felt for the baby, and if Leo was the father or not.

The morning sickness wasn't so bad and the weight gain wasn't as bad also but overall, my second experience of being pregnant wasn't the best. In fact, it was making me regret even getting pregnant.

I watched silently as Leo slipped off his shirt and threw it into the laundry hamper and stripped out of his slacks and placed on a pair of sweatpants, leaving his chest bare for me to stare at. I would have eagerly gazed deeply at Leo's tattoos and abs, but I just wasn't in the mood.

Leo had come back late from work and I was thankful that tomorrow was Saturday, meaning that he didn't have to go back to work till Monday.

I stayed still and continued to stare at him as he stalked towards the bed and slipped inside of the covers on his side.

"Lie down Leah, it's late," He murmured softly, fluffing up his pillows.

"I'm not tired," I said in a cold voice.

There were few words to describe my feelings and thoughts about our relationship and that was, we were not fine. In fact, we were far from it.

It always seemed like we were one step forward and then a hundred miles back. No matter how happy we were it would never be enough to bring some sort of stability into our lives because it would just crumble.

"Go to sleep," he said again, his voice more gruff and serious.

"I said I'm not tired!"

I didn't dare look at Leo, for all I knew he was probably burning a hole through my head, with his eyes.

"Leah just stop! It's been five days, how long are you going to keep this stupid act up?!" he yelled, making me jump out of my skin.

"You let him go, Leo!" I yelled, my voice attempting to match his, I turned my head to face him and breathed in heavily. "You let Dante go and for that, you don't even deserve me talking to you right now!"

I didn't miss the anger that flashed through Leo's green eyes. I didn't miss the way he clenched his jaw and glared his eyes at me. If I was someone who worked for him, I would've had a bullet through my head. However, I still couldn't get over the fact that Leo had let Dante go. At the time I was confused and I did forgive Leo, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt scared and helpless.

"Don't forget your place, Leanne. You do not raise your voice at me," Leo spoke so lowly, that he sounded every ounce of deadly and dangerous.

Huffing, I flipped my body around and laid down on my side, with my back facing Leo and switched off the light on my bedside table.

"We're equal, I don't have a place," I whispered ever so quietly but he probably did hear it but he just chose to ignore me.

I shut my eyes tightly and blocked out all sound that was in the room. Leo didn't bother to talk to me but I knew he was aggravated with me. I slowly fell asleep, feeling