20. Hunted

I need you, I need you, I need you right now
Yeah, I need you right now
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head, darling I hope
That you'll be here, when I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
D-Don't let me down  

Chainsmokers feat Daya

Chapter twenty. Hunted

The smell of fresh real Christmas trees entered my nose as I breathed in deeply. The sight of seeing all the trees was even better. I loved everything about Christmas, the food, the atmosphere, the presents, and the happiness and of course the different smells also!

My favourite Christmas smell had to be the apple and cinnamon. The smell was so warm and smelt just like Christmas, which made me feel all warm and cosy inside, even if it was absolutely freezing outside.

"Leo, what's your favourite Christmas scent?" I asked, looking at Leo as he inspected a huge tree. It was so big that it would probably reach the doorway of our living room.

"Umm, I don't really have one, to be honest," he answered not looking at me.

"Do you celebrate Christmas a lot?" I wondered out loud.

"Not really bella, I never had anyone to celebrate with. I never went to any of the family dinners, I just...." Leo started to say.

"You just what?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing... Hey, what do you think of this tree?" Leo asked abruptly, changing the subject.

What was he hiding from me, or why was he hiding it from me. I was probably reading into it too deeply but still I wanted Leo to feel open with me. I didn't want any secrets between us.

Leo had a completely different life, way before he even met me again. Maybe he just didn't want to be reminded of how he was before I changed him to an extent. I would never know unless I asked him.

I looked at the tree that Leo was showing me and eyed it carefully. It was tall, with a sturdy trunk however as the tree reached the top, it seemed to look slightly thin.

"No, not this one," I told Leo, he nodded his head and stepped away from it. I couldn't help but smile at Leo's appearance; he just looked so damn perfect. He was dressed in blue jeans and his favourite Colorado boots; I didn't know why he wore them so much. As well as that, he also had on a thick jumper that was hidden by his dark coat and along with that he wore a scarf and a black beanie. I never thought I'd see the day where my husband looked like a teenager again. I didn't think the beanie would suit him but it did, it made him look younger.

On the other hand, I was wearing a maroon sweater dress with tights and my black ankle boots that didn't have a heel. The sweater dress was something that Leo had brought me when he took me shopping. The day where we had seen Don and Angelo.

On top of the dress, I had my coat on, a scarf and a grey beanie. My hair was down and falling into its natural curls. I had decided to wear make up but keeping it minimalistic. I had grown tired of wearing leggings and jeans. Don't get me wrong leggings were comfy and jeans were stylish but I just wanted to wear something different.

I shivered as the cold wind surrounded me, it was absolutely freezing, I just couldn't understand why it wasn't snowing yet. Every year it was the same. Winter would be cold but never cold enough for it to snow.

The Christmas tree yard was actually a pretty sight; hundreds of trees followed us as we walked. Leo and I had gone to get a Christmas tree in the evening instead of the day; mainly because we didn't want it to be busy.