43. Unknown Deception

Leah

I groaned loudly, feeling a throbbing in my head.

"L-leo!" I yelled out hoarsely.

I heard nothing, no reply, not even the sound of his heavy chains.

My eyelids felt heavy and it felt almost impossible to open them. I breathed in heavily, trying to sit up and open my eyes but my. Let just felt so numb.

"Leo!" I yelled out again, hoping to hear his deep velvety voice, instead, I only heard my heavy breaths.

What the hell had happened?

I could remember faintly that Raphael had taken us and was keeping Luca away. Leo was shot but he was alright... I hoped.

What was confusing me was why I had just woken up feeling like everything was a nightmare.

When my eyes finally opened, I was met with total darkness. I could tell that I was still in the same damn cell, but it just felt colder.

"Goddammit!" I yelled out, slamming the chains to the ground.

"Raphael, show yourself, you fucking coward!" I screamed.

I couldn't afford to be weak and passive, I needed to be strong and tough, even if it meant getting slapped in the face a few times.

I sat in silence, coming to terms that either Leo had been taken away somewhere else, or that he was still where he was but he just wasn't able to communicate with me.

When the lights finally came back on, they blinded the living soul out of me. The brightness was strangely painful as if someone had just poured salt onto my eyeballs.

I gasped out in pain but I was unable to rub my eyes to soothe the sting away.

The heavy steel door banged opened, and I gasped as both Dante and Raphael walked in, all high and mighty with smirks on their faces.

What did bring me some pleasure was the fact that Dante limped as he walked. That was definitely due to when Leo shot him in the kneecap.

They both wore the same designer suit, hair combed slick back and shiny Armani shoes.

It took all my Will-power to stay strong and not cower away. After all the last time I had been alone with both of them at the same time, that wasn't a pleasant or enjoyable time.

"Where is Leo and Lucan!" I demanded with a glare.

"You're in no position to make demands Leanna," Raphael sneered.

"What do you want Raphael? Why are you doing this?!" I snapped, trying my best to look threatening.

Instead of answering me, Raphael ignored me and bent down to my level.

"Pregnancy suited you if anything it made you even more beautiful-"

"And how would you know what I looked like pregnant?" I asked, moving slightly away.

"Ah Leanna, you're not so smart now, are you?"

Raphael smirked and turned to Dante, they exchanged knowing looks. The type of look they used to share when I was imprisoned with them.

"I want my revenge Leah, your honeymoon in Italy was nothing. Your birthday was nothing, the Christmas tree falling on you was nothing," he snickered in my face.

"All those threats and actions against you and your unborn baby was merely a warning and a test as well as punishment for leaving me!"

I gasped in shock, and stared straight at the bastard in hate.