27. 'Family Reunion...'

Chapter twenty-seven.

I stirred in my sleep as the sound of many voices filled my ears.

I let my eyes flutter open and I stared up at the ceiling. It seemed that only during the day I was able to sleep peacefully.

Sitting up, I placed my hands on my stomach, I waited a while to see if the baby would start to kick but it didn't. My little munchkin was still fast asleep. Although I loved the baby moving and kicking inside of me but sometimes it would get annoying, especially at night. At that time it seemed like the baby was wide awake and would never settle, perhaps that was a message for the near future.

I slid out of the warm duvet and stood up, stretching my arms. I had been sleeping for pretty much all of the afternoon, I never used to sleep for that long even when I was younger. In fact the only time I used to sleep was at night.

As I exited my room, I walked down the stairs but stopped in mid-track when I heard laughter. Did Leo invite people over? The last time I had seen Leo was when he was in his office working, as usual. I had thought that he was too busy to even talk to anyone, with the exception of me... well that was what he had told me anyway.

I proceeded down the stairs and into the the living room and I gasped in surprise when I saw Angelo, Don , Lia and April.

"Oh, hey guys," I said sheepishly, looking at them all in bewilderment.

"Hey Leah!" they all yelled in unison.

They were all sitting down on any available couch, on the coffee table in front of them all, were all types of snacks and my stomach growled at the sight of food.

"Where's Leo?" I asked, as scanned the room for him.

"Right here," the familiar deep velvety voice said, and instantly I turned around and saw Leo walking in from the kitchen. He was holding bottles of fizzy drinks and some glasses.

"Hey," I whispered softly, only for him to here. He winked at me and placed the things down on the table before he came back to me and hugged me tight.

"How was your nap?" he asked, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Good, munchkin let me sleep and I think it's still asleep," I smiled in content. Leo chuckled, his laugh making butterflies flutter about in my stomach. He still managed to make me feel that way and it I knew it was a feeling that I would never get tired of.

"Hey we are in the room, you love birds!" I heard Angelo shout. I blushed and turned around to face our friends.

"What are you guys doing here, I didn't know you were coming over otherwise I wouldn't have napped," I said apologetically, as I sat down on a couch that was nearest to Lia.

"We invited ourselves, we figured that we should be spending more time with you and Leo," Lia answered.

"Oh wow, that's really nice of you guys," I smiled, as I shifted my position the couch. Leo came to sit down, next to me and he wrapped his arm around my waist. His touch brought comfort to me and made me feel safe.

"How long left till you meet your little girl?" I heard April ask.

"We are not having a girl!" Leo barked out, making me jump slightly at the tone of his voice. Unfortunately, Leo was still annoyed with April, in fact he was still annoyed with all four of them but yet he was more harsh towards April and his sister.

I glanced at April and smiled sadly at her, she knew it would take some time for everything to be fine once again. They all knew that.

"Actually April, we've decided to wait till the baby is born, so we don't know if it is a girl or boy," I explained.