14. Italy

I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart

(Ho!)
(Hey!)
(Ho!)
(Hey!)

~ The Lumineers

Chapter fourteen. Italy

"So where are we staying?" I asked Leo. We had left the airport roughly twenty minutes ago, a car was already waiting for us and Leo told me that it was one of his many cars that he had in Italy and thankfully it wasn't a sports car but a simple black Volvo.

"We're staying at my... well our house for a few nights then I'll take you somewhere else for a couple of days. It really depends on how long you want to stay, my grandparents live here so I thought we could meet them since they didn't come to the wedding," Leo said, he was driving with only one hand and the other hand was interlocked with my hand. He drove carefully along the roads of Italy, as if he knew them like the back of his hand.

"Oh okay, sounds great! So how far away is the house?"

"Like forty-five minutes away or so, oh and if you're wondering what part we're in; we are in the south of Italy mainly because it's warmer than the North," Leo said squeezing my hand tightly.

He was right about it being warm; it honestly was a wonder how I wasn't dying of a heatstroke yet.

Leo continued to drive chatting to me about all the different parts of Italy and where he was originally from. As he talked I couldn't help but wonder why he was on the phone for ages when we were back in England, so I asked him and he didn't seem to mind at all.

"I was just talking to some of the maids and butlers that my family employ to get the house ready for us. So they stocked up on food, drinks, made up the bed and all that jazz," he explained.

"Oh right," I answered. I rolled down the window and looked at the view that we had, of clear skies, greenery and mountains. I had never been to Italy before but what I was seeing right now was utterly amazing.

Leo turned on the radio and opened all the other windows including the sun roof of the car, an increased his speed limit.

It was probably nearing to five o'clock but yet it still felt quite early.

"How big is your house?" I found myself asking Leo.

"Our house you mean? It's not that big possibly a little more than half the size of the one in England. It's got five bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a huge kitchen, a couple of lounges, swimming pool and a garden as well as some other rooms that are necessary-"

"All that? What if we weren't married and you never met me, would you still have a house that big for one person?" Curiosity was getting the better of me.

Leo chuckled deeply, the sort of laugh that brought shivers to my spine.

"Well I'm pretty sure I would've met you anyways," that was his answer.

I didn't dare argue with that because I didn't want to give Leo a wrong impression that I wished I never met him or something like that. After all it was his and he was mine and there was really nothing that could change that.

I hummed along to song that came on the radio which was just Taylor Swift's shake it off.

"Well Leah let's try and have a good honeymoon, yeah?" Leo asked, I saw that he was staring at me and I nodded my head.

"Of course," I said with a smile. Leo took one hand off the steering wheel and entangled his hand with one of mine and squeezed it tightly.

After three quarters of an hour of driving to the house; we finally arrived.