39. Only you

Hey baby!
Come a little bit closer
Take my love tonight
Hey baby!
You can let me uncover
You secret world tonight
Baby, you're mine
All night

~Alex Sparrow

WARNING: MATURE SCENE WITHIN THIS CHAPTER!!!

"How would you feel if Angelo and Lia looked after Luca for a night?" Leo asked me, as we laid together, cuddled up in bed.

Ash was fast asleep at the foot of the bed. Leo had told me about his idea to give him up and I did not agree with him one bit. It had taken some time but I was able to juggle both caring for my son and beloved dog.

"I wouldn't mind if he's over six months-"

"No I mean for this weekend on Saturday night."

I lifted my head up and stared at him as if Leo had just grown another head.

"What?"

"You heard me, we deserve some time together and Lia offered to look after Luca for a night-"

"But he doesn't even sleep through the night and he's only four months old-"

"Leah he's five months next week-"

"Exactly, he's still too young!"

Leo sighed heavily and pulled away from me. I could tell that he was getting irritated but this was a sensitive subject for me. I had never even thought about leaving my baby for a night, in fact, the thought had never come to my mind at all.

"Leah, it's one night. We can go to dinner, spend some time together and then Sunday morning Luca will be back-"

"No."

My tone of voice was firm. So firm that Leo didn't say another word to me but just glared. He hated it when I always went against him or didn't agree with what he wanted.

"He's going-"

"We'll see about that," I muttered, slipping out of bed and pulling my robe on.

I entered the lounge, Ash following hot on my heels.

I carried on with my daily routine, getting Ash's food ready, making sure that he had spent enough time in the garden before leaving him to his own thing. I usually walked him in the late afternoon just because I couldn't handle a morning walk and something usually happened with Luca where I would need to continuously feed him, or he would literally explode in his nappy.

Sighing heavily, I made my way back upstairs and into Luca's room. He no longer slept in the same room as me anymore, it was all Leo's idea to get him used to sleeping alone and not depending on me to comfort him whenever he woke up. It just meant that out of my own peace of mind I would end up waking frequently just to check that my baby was alright and fast asleep. He still woke up only for feeds but he rarely woke up for comfort of me.

Leo and I had managed to get time to ourselves as Luca no longer slept with us, but the nights of passion were usually cut short. Luca would sometimes wake up or I would end up dozing off. Leo usually finished work late, sometimes he would be home by dinner but then other times he would be home by midnight.

I could understand Leo's frustration as our sex life was kinda non-existent. We really did need to rekindle our spark and maybe having a night away from Luca would be good for the both of us... did that make us bad parents?

I made my way to Luca's room to see that Leo was already, changing his nappy and into a clean baby grow.

"Have you had a chance to calm down?" He asked me, keeping his eyes on Luca.