11. The Many Sides Of Leo Russo

You and I
We don't wanna be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between
You and I
Not even the gods above
Can separate the two of us
No, nothing can come between
You and I

~ One Direction

Chapter eleven. The many sides of Leo Russo

Leo's POV

A gentle humming filled the hallway. The sound was peaceful and quiet but yet it felt comforting.

If it wasn't for my busy mind I would've listened more closely to hear what song Leah was humming, but I couldn't get distracted. A ton of work had to be done still.

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed heavily, all this work was endless and to be fair it wasn't like I had to do any work anyway. I still wasn't even sure if I still had ownership of my own company, anymore.

The gentle humming got closer and closer so I lifted my head up to see Leah walking around with a book in her hand. She passed my office and I heard the turning of a page.

She was dressed in a simple stripped V neck with black leggings. Her unruly hair was pulled up into a messy bun and there wasn't a scrap of make up on her face. As always Leah looked absolutely gorgeous although the slight bags under eyes from lack of sleep tried to ruin her perfect face.

During the past nights since I had been back, Leah always seemed to cry out and thrash about in her sleep. She didn't know how distressed she looked or that she screamed a lot. I hadn't confronted her about it since I wanted her to come to me to talk about it. There was no doubt that her dreams were about what had happened to her and also her biggest fears, which she hadn't even told me all about. It wasn't hard to guess what her dreams were about but then again, Leah was scarred for life.

Leah walked into the office and sat herself down on the grey two seated couch. She spread out her legs so that she was mainly taking up all the space but she seemed content reading her book and being in the same room as me.

One thing that I had noticed with Leah was that she was more closer with me. Whenever I was busy with work or reading the newspaper she either say down next to me or read whatever I was reading, at the same time. I didn't blame her for wanting to be with me all the time, she honestly did miss me like crazy and I missed her more. I loved the fact that she was always around me and it would never annoy me.

"What are you reading?" I asked Leah. She looked up at me and smiled sheepishly before showing me the front cover of the book.

I read the title and laughed to myself.

"A baby book? I thought you knew everything about babies," I said frowning slightly.

Leah laughed at me and shook her head.

"Yeah I'm Leah Russo and I'm the baby guru... No you idiot, I don't know everything," she replied.

"Seems you're not that smart then," I muttered to myself, turning back to all the paperwork.

"Well I am smart, a lot more smarter than you. How much do you want to bet that when the baby comes you won't know what on earth to do?" Leah questioned me, sitting up and staring at me with a determined look in her eyes.

I gave her my all attention and clasped my hands tightly together.

"I will know what to do; I'm not entirely clueless when it comes to kids-"

"Alright well we shall see but I still want to have a bet against you," Leah said with a wicked glint in her eyes.

"Sweetheart, you honestly don't want to bet against me," I warned her.