21. Christmas

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you

Mariah Carey (Sorry for the cliche song!)

Chapter twenty-one. Christmas

A few days had passed... well a week had passed.

Leo and I had decorated the tree and it did look pretty good. Although Leo didn't really let me do much, he just did what I told him to do while I just laid down on the couch. Ever since the day where Leo had taken me to the hospital, he had become more possessive and paranoid. Leo never let me lift heavy things, he never let me walk up the stairs by myself, he just didn't let me do anything and it was getting really annoying. Before I could cope with his possessiveness but now it was just getting out of hand.

It was finally Christmas Eve and Leo and I had decided to invite Lucy and Johnny round for dinner... and I was secretly hoping that they would get together. Johnny really did need someone to make him more mature and Lucy just seemed like the right girl to do that.

"Leah where are you?" Leo called from downstairs. Sometimes I would go and rush upstairs before Leo so he wouldn't carry me up there himself. I did like it when Leo carried me but I couldn't help but want to do things for myself.

"I'm getting ready... upstairs!" I yelled back. Before I knew it I heard Leo stomp upstairs. I couldn't tell f he would be annoyed with me or not.

The door opened and I looked at Leo from the mirror. His facial expression told me everything he was feeling... he wasn't happy.

"Why didn't you wait for me?" Leo asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You were busy" I shrugged, as I finished curling the last part of my hair. I had been upstairs for roughly half an hour and only now he realises?

"You could have waited," He said as he walked closer and stood behind me.

"But I didn't want to-"

"Leah you can't walk upstairs by yourself!" I flinched at the tone of his voice and turned around, slowly placing my curling iron on my vanity.

"I'm pregnant, not disabled. Stop treating me differently! It's Christmas, and my only wish is for you to stop being so possessive! It's getting too much!" I said, using the same tone as Leo.

"Do you want to injure yourself again? You're a walking hazard Leah, you're bound to trouble."

I looked at Leo in disbelieve and glared at him. If I wasn't holding my curling iron, I would have probably burnt Leo.

"Fine! Whatever, you obviously know best so I should just listen to you, after all, you're five years older and I'm just a teenager," I snapped, throwing my hands in the air due to the frustration that I was feeling.

Leo stepped forward and clasped my wrists tightly, it wasn't too tight but it felt slightly uncomfortable.

"Don't say it like that, yes I am older but that doesn't always mean I know more than you-"

"Then stop acting like it," I groaned, walking to my closet and taking out the dress I had decided to wear. It was a simple red dress that flowed down to my knees, it had small intricate details embroidered on it from the waist up and small diamonds were sewn on it as well. The dress was really simple but I felt comfortable in it, along with shear black tights and my red ballet flats I was pretty much ready for tonight.