23. Birthday Surprises

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

~ Charlie Puth

Chapter twenty-three. Birthday Surprises 

Leah

The sun shined brightly through the curtains, waking me. I turned around, hiding myself from the source of bright light. It was way too early to be awake, in my opinion; I still deserved a few more hours of sleep.

"Leanne Russo, if you don't get up right now, I'll throw you out of the window!" Leo threatened but I could hear the amusement in his tone. I could tell that he wasn't lying down, but sitting up next to me. The side of his body was pressed into me, heat radiating off him; which also kept me warm.

I didn't care what time it was, or how long Leo had been up for, I needed my sleep.

"Leo!" I whined, groggily, as I stuffed my face into my pillow.

"Baby!" He whined back, mocking me. I turned onto my side, and faced Leo. He smirked at me, his bright green eyes gleaming with humour

"Don't mock me."

All he did was smirk; he didn't say anything but I could tell that he wanted to.

"Why do I need to get up anyway? It's not like I have to be anywhere," I shrugged. It was true I didn't have anywhere important to be, that I could even think about right now.

"Have you forgotten?" Leo asked, the shock in voice even shocked me with the tone he used.

I widened my eyes and shrugged my shoulders, pulling on the duvet to cover my cold shoulders.

"Forgotten what?"

Leo shook his head, almost in disappointment at me.

"Bella, what happened two days ago?" He asked, giving me a knowing look.

"Err... It was your birthday?" I didn't mean for it to come out as a question but yet it did. Leo looked sad, but why? What was so special about today?

"Yes it was my birthday but remember what happens two days after my birthday?" He asked again, in a slow way, as if he was trying to talk to a five year old.

"I don't know where you're going with this..."

Leo swore under his breath in Italian before closing his eyes tightly, I watched as he calmed down for a few seconds before opening his eyes again.

"Leah, what day did your parents kick you out, last year?" He asked, hope in his eyes.

"My birthday, why?"

"Leah it's your birthday today," Leo said. I looked at him stupidly and thought for a second.

"That can't be right; my birthday is on the fourteenth... Two days after yours... Oh my god! It is my birthday!" How the hell could I forget my own birthday? An emotional wave washed across me and I felt like the stupidest person in the world.

"Happy birthday beautiful."

What was I supposed to say to him? Thank you for reminding me or thank you for basically telling me?

"I'm so stupid," I murmured sadly, to myself.

"No baby, you're not stupid. You just didn't realise. I mean you have a lot on your mind-"

"No don't make excuses for me. I've probably just ruined our day together. You said you wanted to celebrate your birthday on my birthday because there wasn't a point celebrating yours..... I just ruined everything-"