19. Down in the dumps

just one kiss of you lips
feels nothing sweet like this,
girl you're so perfect
how you so
perfect
girl when you do what you do
i'm always amazed by you
you're so perfect, how you so
perfect
that's why you're my number 1  

~ Stylo G

Chapter nineteen. Down in the dumps

Leo's POV

The soft breathing of my sleeping Leah, was soothing to me, she looked so peaceful and at ease. Leah's hair was spilled out all over her pillow. Curly strands of hair framed her beautiful face. I would never get bored of watching Leah sleep; it was only when she was asleep that I got to appreciate her without her getting embarrassed or annoyed at the fact that I would stare at her for too long. 

I had always found it cute, how Leah always curled herself up in a small ball when she slept. She always held a pillow tightly to her as well as the fact that she held onto one of my arms when we cuddled at night. Leah's grip was always tight, as if she never wanted to let me go, I would never leave her, not now and not ever. 

Leah shifted in her sleep and turned her position so that she was no longer curled around her pillow but lying flat on her back. 

"What time is it?" she mumbled in her sleep, I stared at her dumbfounded. I wasn't sure if she was awake or if she was asleep. I decided to ignore her and play with her curly strands of chocolate brown hair. Leah's hair felt like silk in my fingertips, at times it would be dry if she didn't use conditioner and at other times it would be soft and smooth.

"Time..." Leah mumbled again, barely moving her lips. To be honest I didn't even know what the time was. 

Over a week had passed since we had come back from Italy, Leah hadn't received any threats and that had me so confused. 

Due to my abundance of being around my wife, I had guessed that the threats would only come if I wasn't by Leah's side at every minute of every day. 

I looked over at the alarm clock that was on the bedside table, on my side on the bed and saw that it was only nine thirty. 

I told Leah the time and she nodded her head sleepily. 

"What do you want to do today, beautiful?" I asked her, as I caressed her face slowly with my hand. 

"Sleep," she replied, not opening her eyes. 

I was getting extremely bored of just staying in doors all the time, Leah never wanted to go out. She didn't even want to go grocery shopping so I had to order our groceries online because I couldn't leave her by herself. 

The only times I walked outside of the house was to put the trash out and that was it... apart from the odd occasion where I would go out to the garden and have a cigarette without Leah knowing.

 I was starting to miss my cars as well, I was starting to miss the simple fresh air that I only got whenever I opened a window. However as it was December, Leah often complained that she was cold and never wanted the windows open. 

I smiled as a memory entered my mind. 

"Leonardo!" I heard my wife calling for me.... I would never get tired of saying or even thinking that... 'my wife'. 

I took one last puff of the fag I was smoking and through it on the ground before I stepped on it. 

I walked back into the kitchen from the garden and leaned against the counter as I saw Leah enter.