Keanna/ Last Chapter

Today is graduation day and I'm happy as hell. I'm kind've bummed that Kenny and I won't be graduating in a relationship. But today, I am putting aside all thoughts of Kenny and his stupidity. I am going to walk across that stage with the dignity and confidence that every woman should endure on this day. I woke up this morning and did my morning hygiene. I did my hair in nice wand curls.

I placed on my pink lip stick then a gloss over it. I then went and put on my all white body con long sleeved dress that stopped at mid-thigh. I then put on my white red bottoms with gold diamonds encrusted on the top and back of the shoe.

I grabbed my phone and keys and carefully walked down the stairs and into the living room. My parents were sitting there waiting on me. Once they saw me they both gasped. My mother stood up crying. I walked up to her and wiped her years and hugged her careful not to get her makeup on my dress.

I then looked at father shedding a tear. I let go of my mother and embraced my father in a tight hug whispering, "I love you, dad." He whispered it back as we let go. We took what seemed like millions of pictures. We went to my dad's truck and jumped in. We drove to my school in a comfortable silence.

Once we arrived I hugged my parents again before they slowly disappeared into the crowd. I went to my class and hugged everyone I knew. It's been a long journey and I have made it through my first phase in life. I saw Kenny at the end of the line looking for someone. I quickly looked away trying not to be noticed. my principal gave all of us our caps and gowns. I saw Yazmine, Zykir, Kalani and Malori smile and wave at me from there different spots. I waved back and turned back around getting ready to be seated on stage. I'm nervous about graduating but also very nervous about what I'm about to do to Kenny. The principal starts his speech of introduction.

Principal- I am so happy to introduce to you the class of 2015. These seniors have worked very hard to stay on top of their work and make sure that they pass. Of course we have had altercations this year but what school doesn't? AT THIS TIME I WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT THE CLASS OF 2015!

Crowd: CHEERS*

We walked out smiling ear to ear. We sat through the boring speeches until it was time to be given our diploma. My palms became sweaty as he began to call names.

I zoned out thinking about what was about to happen. I hope this goes well with Kenny. I get snapped out of my trance by hearing... KENNY JOHNSON!!! He strolled across the large stage smiling. He didn't have the same smile that I remember. I think I have something to do with that. I smiled... Even though we are not together anymore, he still Has a special place in my heart. As much as I want to roll my eyes, I can't... I can only be happy for him. He looked at me and a look of sorrow and hurt washed through his eyes. This angered me even more. He shouldn't be the one hurt... I should! A couple of names later my name was called. I smiled and stood while walking towards the principal. He shook my hand and gave me the diploma. He winked at me and I knew exactly what he meant. The principal is my cousin so he knows what's about to go down. I walked back to my seat waiting for them to finish.

When they did my throat hurt a little for screaming for my friends. The principal said the part where we throw our hats up. We counted to three and our caps went everywhere. Everyone cheered. Once it died down it was show time.

Principal- And now a special speech from Keanna Maubry. I walked up to the podium and did a formal greeting before I began to sing... To Kenny. The music started and I grabbed the Mic going to stand in front of him making it known I was singing to him. I'm about to blow his mind. Only my friends and parents know I can sing. I'm about to tell him how I feel through this song. I hope this will make him never cheat on any girl again.

Baby I deserve better.

You know I deserve better.

Baby I deserve better.

You know I deserve better.

You hit me up, don't hit me back.

Oooohhh, you don't know how to act.

See what you don't do he would do for me.

Won't be blinded by my feelings.

You been scheming on the low.

Creeping on the low.

Boy you think you slick but I already know.

Don't know who you been with before.

If she ain't let you know.

I ain't like them other girls baby oooohhh.

You can forget about us, baby.

I read in between the lines, so baby.

I never thought I'd say that, you ain't good for nothing and you don't deserve my loving cause' I deserve better than you.

I deserve better, play your games with someone else.

I deserve better than you.

Chucking up the deuces cause' I deserve better than you baby.

(I deserve) oooohhh.

Baby I deserve better than you.

TT

I'm like fall away down.

But what's a girl do now?

Got me feeling some type of way.

Cause you've been scheming on the low.

Creeping on the low.

Boy you think you slick but I already know.

Don't know who you been with before.

If she ain't let you know.

I ain't like them other girls baby, Ohh

You can forget about us baby.

I read in between the lines baby.

I never thought I'd say that, you ain't good for nothing and you don't deserve my loving cause I deserve better than you.

I deserve better, play your games with someone else.

I stopped there because I know if I keep singing I'm going to end up crying. Most of the girls cheered and the rest were hoes so you know how that is. I took my promise ring off that he gave me and dropped it right in front of him along with the necklace he bought. By this time I have a tear running down my face. I took a deep breath and kissed his cheek.

Keanna- Have a nice life.

I walked off the stage with Malori, Zykir, Yazmine, Kalani, Justin, Trey and my parents following me. We were going straight home to eat dinner then packing for college. We decided to all go to the same college the very next week at Southern University. I hope everyone has a nice life. It's time for me to focus on myself. I'm starting a new chapter in my life.